Main Menu

New Graphic Novels for April!

Started by 2000AD Online, 06 April, 2006, 08:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

NEW GRAPHIC NOVELS FOR APRIL!

DURHAM RED: THE SCARLET CANTOS

By Dan Abnett and Mark Harrison

On the planet Wodan, an acolyte of the Tenebrae faith bears witness to the resurrection of his god, Saint Scarlet of Durham. But when former Strontium Bitch Durham Red awakes after 1,200 years in suspended animation she's more than surprised to find that she is at the centre of a mutant religion. While the Tenebrae revere her return, the deadly human Iconoclasts want nothing more than to eradicate her and her brethren. Caught in a web of extremism and intolerance Durham Red has to come to terms with a destiny she never expected.

96 pages

?11.99 paperback

DURHAM RED: THE VERMIN STARS

By Dan Abnett and Mark Harrison

Durham Red had cryogenically frozen herself at the end of the 24th Century. Woken a thousand years later, she has discovered a changed universe - a universe where mutants are hunted down and exterminated by a terrifying, oppressive religious culture, and Durham herself is worshipped as a mutant goddess! Now Durham Red must make her way to the area of space known as "The Vermin Stars", to make contact with the mysterious underground mutant terrorist organisation, the Tenebrae. But will they serve the "Saint"? Or will Durham Red need to get her teeth into them?

This re-print contains new bonus material which includes Dan Abnett's original pitch.

96 pages

?11.99

JUDGE DREDD: THE COMPLETE CASE FILES 03

By John Wagner, Alan Grant, Brian Bolland, Ian Gibson and others

The story of future lawman Judge Dredd continues in this third book collecting together his adventures in chronological order. This bumper volume features many of Dredd's most exciting cases including the first appearance of Judge Death and Psi Judge Anderson and the return of Satanus, first featured in the epic Cursed Earth saga.  

244 pages

?13.99

Link: Tharg's Newsround

IndigoPrime

Also, for those who haven't seen it yet, the 2000 AD Books microsite is online at http://www.2000adonline.com/books/

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/books/" target="_blank">2000 AD Books microsite

paulvonscott

Wake

That's because it was my typo in recopying the title rather than Jon's so I spotted it as soon as I'd posted the item.

Cheers,

Wake

paulvonscott

As I said, I thought it got changed quickly.

Doh... I'm just teasing.  

I'm definitely up for the next case files, I have no.2 but still waiting for no.1, which is no big deal as I'll be waiting till June to read em all anyway.

Case Files is one of the very best ideas we've seen so far.  It's great to know we don't have to wait long between volumes either.  

They are as fandabidoze as a safety net under a beanstalk.

Mike Carroll

Just checked the Microsite, which is pretty cool except for one glaring error: the page for The Complete Case Files 03 has the descriptive text for Brothers of the Blood!

-- Mike

IndigoPrime

Oops! Not anymore, it doesn't. Thanks for pointing that out!

The Amstor Computer

Good to see the Durham Red books being wrapped up promptly, but...

?12 for a 96 page paperback?

Ummm...

Tu-plang

Is there any plan to get some kind of future schedule on the site?  I'd love to see a preview for  the next few months of releases.

Mind you, I bet someone on here could help me out there.

Noisybast

I didn't see it, but would I be right in assuming the mis-spelled word was "Cantos"?

Snigger...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

IndigoPrime

I've asked the powers-that-be if I can add a "coming soon" section to the microsite. If the boss says "yes", some upcoming covers will be online next week at some point. If he doesn't, they, erm, won't.

The Amstor Computer

Bugger, I knew I shouldn't skimread threads at work - I've just realised these books don't wrap up the three major Durham Red stories (The Scarlet Cantos, The Vermin Stars and The Empty Suns) as I thought when I flipped through the page earlier. Still, that does mean the book design should now be uniform across the series, so that's my innner obsessive quieted for an hour or two ;-)

Also amusing to notice that:

Durham Red: The Vermin Stars (2004) - ?9.99
Durham Red: The Vermin Stars (2006) - ?11.99

A "Coming Soon" section on the microsite would be good, especially as Amazon and other sellers don't seem to be getting advance listings any more. They often had some inaccuracies, but I always enjoyed getting a picture of the release calendar over the year. An officially-sanctioned "Thrills of the Future" section listing releases for, say, the next quarter would be most welcome.

ukdane

Plus the fact that the first Vermin release was a hardback, and the new one is a paperback.

Im in two minds about this, as I have the hardback, but would rather have a paperback edition.

Have to assume that the third and final DR book will be released soonish too.

With the return of Button Man to the weekly in the not too distant future, I hope we can get the first three books out ASAP (in trade paperback please instead of the hardback that is already out)

and then Nemesis, SD, finish of Robo-hunter, Dante and Sin/Dex. As well as the continuing Case Files, Zenith, and some of the better shorter collections.
Cheers

-Daney

DavidXBrunt

I'd be quite pleased if there were a collection of The Scarlet Apocrypha at some point too along with the main series.

The Adventurer

Yes, a Button Man TP would be like sex. But without the Woman.  I'm not sure where I'm going with this...

At any rate, I ordered DR: The Scarlet Cantos on a whim out of Previews a few months ago. Interesting that it's paper back at the price, most of the 150+ page TPs Rebellion does don't cost that much. I really wonder about the printers Rebellion uses and why the prices vary so wildly between the TP line and the "Euro" line.

Anyway, nice that The Vermin Stars is getting a new edition, I'll have to pick that up at some point.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK