Main Menu

Burger Wars, Block Mania et al...

Started by Funt Solo, 28 May, 2006, 09:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

This week, on Clear Out The Cupboards, I have mostly been http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZfateamenableQQhtZ-1" target="_blank">listing on E-Bay:

- Progs 71 and 72 (those Burger Wars banned Dredd episodes of The Cursed Earth saga...again)
- Many progs, in bundles of 3-4, mostly in the 100-200 range.

And some classic late 80s board games:

- Block Mania (with Mega-Mania)
- Rogue Trooper
- Talisman
- Chainsaw Warrior

Coming soon, treasured gamebooks from yesteryear:

- Way of the Tiger
- Falcon
- Fatemaster
- Grey Star the Wizard
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Keef Monkey

there was a rogue trooper board game? that sounds awesome.

Funt Solo

On the one hand, this is a bump, but on the other:

Has anyone ever had any luck selling progs 300-500 on E-Bay?  I was thinking of selling them in batches of 10 for a nominal amount, but the market seems a tad slow.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

I, Cosh

Disappointed to see those Fighting Fantasy gamebooks aren't attracting much attention. I've got a pile of them collecting dust at my mum's I thought I might be able to shift. Ah well.
We never really die.

Funt Solo

I'm not sure about those, Cosh - I've got a few watchers, and when I looked up the "completed auctions" thing, they all DID sell, at more than the price I'm offering.

The only one that isn't attracting any watchers at all are the two Fatemaster books.

The actual Fighting Fantasy line (Warlock of Firetop Mountain etc.) doesn't seem to sell well - except at minimal prices, unless sold in bulk (eg first 20 for a few quid) but some of the later ones seem to go for daft amounts.  I guess they must be rare ones.

Anyway, I'll find out on Sunday if any of the watchers are buyers, but so far:

6 * Falcon: 7 watchers
6 * Way of the tiger: 4 watchers
4 * World of Lone Wolf (Grey Star): 5 watchers

(The actual Lone Wolf series is available as an online version on the Project Aon web site, so the books aren't worth much, unless they're rare, later ones.)

ThryllSeekyr

I have cold copy of 'DeathTrap Dungeon' and 'Island of the Lizard King' somewhere.

Rex Banner

Bugger, just realised I got sniped for the Chainsaw Warrior game.

opaque

I think with the Fighting Fantasy books EVERYBODY bought the first chunk of them but then when they got to a certain point it was quite hard to find them and they weren't 'out there' like they'd used to have been.

sunnyhowie

Hiya!

I would maybe be interested in buying the progs you just mentioned!

sunny

Leigh S

Plus any old scrote was writing them after the inital batch of 10-15 and the art was sometimes shockingly bad!  Having picked up a lot at car boots in the past few years, the art at least improved on them....

They're bringing out Bloodbones in September for anyone interested - the book that was announced as book 60(?) but never came out when the series ran aground

And Ian Livingstone did a new one for the reprint range - "Eye of the Dragon" iirc

Funt Solo

Hi sunny,

The E-Bay auction this thread refers to closed last Sunday afternoon.

However, there are still some progs in the range 100-200 up for auction, the Games Workshop Judge Dredd rpg and some more gamebook and rpg artefacts from yesteryear (plus a smattering of CDs, DVDs and PC games).

You can have a look if you follow this http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZfateamenableQQhtZ-1" target="_blank">E-bay link.