Main Menu

Origins - Unloved Bastard

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 22 September, 2006, 09:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

SPECULATIVE SPOLIERS AHEAD

OK, so we're only two episodes in but - even so - I fear the worst.

It suddenly dawned on me that Origins is going to be the bastard child of the Cursed Earth and the Judge Child. What we're going to have is a collection of mini-stories as the party travel through the Cursed Earth (just like another epic, can't remember its name). The first one is here already - save the baby!

Each will be two or three episodes long and contribute nothing to the history of Dredd - they could, in fact, be from any Cursed Earth story. They will then be combined with a (say) six or seven part set of flashbacks and a quick finish.

Oh, and the finish - suprise, suprise, Fargo is alive/ cyrogenically frozen but he was a bad egg and the whole Justice Department is built on a sham. Dredd, therefore, kills him and all who know of him. That was his mission from the start and the money in the van just a means of reaching Fargo - his death ensures the continuation of the Justice Deptartmet and the ends justify the means. A shock ending, taken straight from the Judge Child quest.

Yes, I am trying to be controvesial - but that doesn't mean there isn't a grain of truth in what I am saying. I really hope the story is a continious one off, like the Apocalypse War, rather than whole lot of minor meaningless sketches. I hope we'd be treated a bit better than that.
Lock up your spoons!