Main Menu

BULLY'S in uniform.

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 04 November, 2006, 02:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

I saw it on ITV news - they announced it as if it were about bullying in the headline, then quietly slipped in that it was about defeating a bully.

Personally, if thimgs are anything like when I was a kid, the kids that played a lot of computer games at home were usually the geeks who did well at school while the bullies and hard-nuts the ones unable to keep themselves occupied in their own company, hanging round in the street and, well, playing football actually (ban this evil sport!)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJCelFp4CB8" target="_blank">Gameplay

Max Kon

lol, i thought you were going to be talking about John Kerry, Mancow (see cowman thread) said he looked like one of those bullies from revenge of the nerds, or porkies, or one of any of those kinda films

Bico

I've played it a bit, and although there's the option of beating up random kids in the schoolyard, prefects or teachers will twat you about for doing so - acting like a bully comes with consequences.  That's probably quite unrealistic, though.
Bullies seem to be a seperate clique within the game, who slap you about and get took down a peg if they're seen doing so near prefects or teachers.  If anything, the game is more a simulator of a Dennis the Menace-type kid who's not necessarily bad, just mischievious.  Having said that, there's probably plenty to be read into the fact that he comes from a broken home and lacks a family in the conventional sense - I can see the Daily Mail reader in us all liking that bit of commentary.

ThryllSeekyr

Like I said, there are no crisp clear high school stereo types any more.