Main Menu

December Art Competition - Have A Merry 2K Christmas!

Started by The Amstor Computer, 15 November, 2006, 10:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Title says it all, really :-)

The theme for the end-of-year competition will be "Christmas at 2000AD!" What you take from that is very much up to you. Perhaps you'll draw a nice, homely pic of Johnny & Wulf huddled by a campfire, roasting their chestnuts (a-hem!). Or maybe it will be Tharg and his droids at Christmas, enjoying a drop of oil under the Thaxian mistletoe (watch out - it kisses YOU!). How about Christmas in the trenches of Nu Earth?

Feel free to run riot, provided you keep it 2000AD & keep it festive!

The competition will be open until 18 December & voting will run during that week so winners can be announced before Christmas. Hopefully that will give everyone plenty of time to come up with an idea & submit it. I'd love to see this comp be the biggest yet, so I'm hoping more people will contribute this time around.

As it's a slightly special time of year, the prizes will be slightly special as well. Unfortunately, my funds will be tighter in 2007 so this is going to be the last comp I can offer prizes for, but let's go out with a bang:

FIRST PLACE -- A year's subscription to 2000AD, or a prize of the winner's choice up to an equivalent value. If the winner is overseas, I can really only offer the equivalent, as the price of the sub is substantially higher.

SECOND PLACE -- A 2000AD tee-shirt, plus a trade paperback of your choice. If the winner would prefer two books - or two tee-shirts, or a separate prize of equivalent value - that can be arranged.

THIRD PLACE -- A 2000AD tee-shirt or a TPB of the winner's choice.

Hopefully that'll entice a few more people in & offer a little something extra for the winners to enjoy post-Christmas.

Anyway, enough blether - get thinking about what you can draw!

thinky

bloody hell Amstor - they're very generous prizes to be giving away!

although i'm not an artist in any way-shape-or-form, i've enjoyed these threads a lot, and though i won't ever win, i hope whoever does appreciates what you put into this

(unless of course it's a years sub to 1993's progs, then you can bugger right off ;)

nice work

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

The Amstor Computer

(unless of course it's a years sub to 1993's progs, then you can bugger right off ;)

Fuck! I thought I might finally get shot of them, and now the plan is ruined ;-)

Buddy

This was done up for an advent thingy a few years ago and ended up in the ecard section.

Appologies for the resolution, the advent calender images were quite small and I've bumped it up a bit here.

http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/ximoc/judgesnow.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">

Merry Crimbo, one and all!!

Buddy

It's also my first entry into these comps - after months of not having time to put pen to parer I finally get the chance to submit a pre drawn pic.

Hurrahh!

Dark Jimbo

Unfortunately, my funds will be tighter in 2007 so this is going to be the last comp I can offer prizes for, but let's go out with a bang:

Amstor, I hope I can speak for the board when I say that you're too damn hard on yourself. When these threads were first suggested I don't think anyone expected regular prizes, and to consistently pay for these out of your own pocket is really above and beyond the call of duty. Organising these threads is one thing, that's quite another. Every message board needs a member like you.
I'd also like to think that I'm right when I say that 90% of the boarders entering have been doing so just for the fun of taking part. Hopefully everyone will continue to enter even with no prize offered (and, if it comes to it, I'm sure I could rustle up one or two things).
@jamesfeistdraws

Dunk!

You're a gem Amstor.

I do it purely for the fun of taking part and seeing the work produced.

Tulkas.

PS. Can i have my prize from last time?
"Trust we"

The Amstor Computer

PS. Can i have my prize from last time?

Aye, of course - I emailed you about this just recently. If you didn't get that, just use boardmail to tell me what you're after & I'll tie it up ASAP.

The Monarch

Should I really enter despite the fact my art style sucks?

Buttonman

It's easy for a non contender to say but there is no way anyone would expect you to spunk £100+ on prizes Amstor, especially when bragging rights are so much more valuable.

That said I've high hopes for my festive effort which, at the moment at least, is a shoe in for the top two.

I would ask you to remember that Christmas is the time for bad cracker jokes and puns are held in high regard.

I would also say to the kids out there that the picture is an Elseworlds adventure and that Johnny Alpha wasn't harmed. He's still deid though.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/button71/chrismasdog.jpg">

Lord Running Clam

Looking forward to having a go at this.

Might try a Fiends of the Eastern Front, Itâ??s just whether I can get the idea in my head down on paper.

Iâ??d just like to 2nd, 3rd? , the sentiment about how great you for getting these comps going and keeping them running.

James

Krill tro Thargo for The Amstor Computer I reckon

Doggy Carrots

my entry should be done in a few days, am i allowed to put in multiple enrtries cause i have a few ideas?

The Amstor Computer

I don't think that would be a problem, as other boarders have done the same in previous comps. Obviously don't start spamming the thread with dozens and dozens of pics, but if you've got a few different ideas you want to get out there go right ahead.

Doggy Carrots