Main Menu

The game with Siku art.....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 01 December, 2006, 11:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Picked up a cheaper copy of the game Evil Genius.

Isn't that the game with that Sika did art work for?

Floyd-the-k

No idea, but if it is, I'd love to see it

Dudley

It is indeed.  Models for the game and Siku's behind-the-scenes glimpse into its development can be seen in his interview with, um, me, at www.2000adreview.co.uk (Features section).

You also might want to check out

Link: http://www.evilplanet.com/" target="_blank">the official website.

Tiplodocus

"The game with Siku art?"

I'm partial to the odd bit of Siku but I thought this thread was going to be "What's he drawn on Dredd's shoulder?"
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

ThryllSeekyr

I heard from the forums here earlier this year. I have noticed a simlarity in his designs and that are of this game.

I think if you find it on his website.

Funny thing is that the minion construction workers
all wear green boots.

sixmo

Evil Genius? Siku? Didn't realise it before, but sure enough the booklet credits him with working on the art for the game. The designs in Evil Genius are cracking by the way. Everything is very well thought out to give it that classic Bond movie style and atmosphere.

The game sets you up as the eponymous Evil Genius, and you must craft your secret base in a hollowed out volcano. The aim of course is... world domination! You get all kinds superspys and regular law enforcement types trying to thwart your plans by invading your base. As long as you have the base set up correctly your traps and your minions should see the good guys off. All the action takes place in the base and you only have limited control over what your minions get up to in much the same way as the stone classic Dungeon Keeper games.

You can, of course, tie a superspy to a table rigged up to a giant laser beam, and you can also throw them into a giant kitchen mixing bowl if you are feeling particularly creative/hungry. The designs, as mentioned before, are very good. The lowest minions in their yellow jumpsuits and hard hats, the reel to reel computer tape banks, the million dollar note, and the shrunken Eiffel Tower are all great.

It's a whole lot of fun and well worth it on budget. The chins don't stand out as being freakishly pointy, in case you were wondering. (Dungeon Keeper 2 is on budget too, I think, and everyone should have a copy of that game.)

ThryllSeekyr

'The Sims' or 'The Sims Two' meets 'Dungeon Keeper'

Before I had even installed this game, I had always imagined a Sims styles RTS/God game and this comes pretty close to that ideal.

There is a huge variety of stuff put into this game and still more is reveled the further you progress. Not bad for twenty dollars Australian.

Shame, it does require a patch that may or may not be available any longer. So far as not, the lack of a patch has not effected my game progress or game play. Though the button that clicks on to each one of your minions on a rotation appaers to be frozen ( Or is it meant to be that way.) and the research button comes up as a blank on the game interface. No problem yet, I haven't reached the  'Research' stage of the game yet.

This may also be in need of a manual 'Save Game' option, despite that fact that it auto saves and 'Sandpit Mode'. Multiplayer mode would interesting too. Doing battle with rival 'Evil Genius's' across the world map.

BTW, hwat 2000AD characters has Siku done? I do think recall some recent Judge Dredd strips with his trademark style.