Main Menu

Another Slaine Question?

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 07 August, 2007, 01:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Which 'Prog' or 'Best Of Issue' has the coloured picture of Slaine's Red Branch Warriors or Knights.

It's drawn by Glen Fabry. They are sort of like mug Shots pictures surrounding a larger mugshot of Slaine.

It's the one shown in colour and I beleive it may be on the back cover. Though I am not sure.
As I reemrb seeing thsione and right now I going madly through my collection of back progs to find it.

ThryllSeekyr

Well, while everybody didn't all answer me at once.....

I started getting out all the old back issues. Going through the newspaper additions first. I had a strange feeling thet Prog 448 was what I was looking for until I found it.

Going through my pile of 'Best Of Monthly's again thinking this is where that picture should have been.

At the back of Issue 81?

Nope, it wasn't.

Back to the Prog Zone on this website. Looking for any familar Monthly editions that might have mysterioulsy dissappeared from my collection.

Nothing suspicious there, either.

Then I pulled out 'The Collected Slaine' graphic novel featuring Slaine the King. Going righht to the end. It's got the first story after the Kuilling Fields included.

I think it was the first or second story of Slaine the King, where it focus's more on his personal retinue of Red Branchers. Two of them fighting over the hero's portion.

Still didn't find that page.

Went back to the computer and looked at the Listing of all the Slaine progs unuder that particular character profile.

looking towards the end of 'Slaine the Minie Series....'

Prog 589, No

AHHHH, 590!

Not one of newspaper progs, or 'Best of Monthly's' after all.

With a picture of Zenith in a leather jacket with the big bright 'Z' looking over his back.

Looks familer, like one I have seen before in my collection....

Going back to the other pile of progs in my collection and flicking through them like a deck of cards, I eventualley find what I 'm looking for.

With that picture on the back cover.

Great stuff!!!

Picture just wasn't where I thought it was.

Has that ever happened to anybody here.

Thinking about a page, you have seen somewhere,  and haveing trouble recalling exactly where it was. Often resorting to going through piles of progs just to find it.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=profiles&choice=590" target="_blank">So,  it was 590!!

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/590.jpg">

Funt Solo

And then a mere 870 progs later they have the nerve to trot out the same composition:

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/1460.jpg" />
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

JOE SOAP

***Which 'Prog' or 'Best Of Issue' has the coloured picture of Slaine's Red Branch Warriors or Knights. ***

Why don't you search the cover scans in the "cover story" section for this type of information?

ThryllSeekyr

It's okay, I have found it.

Yes, I did search through all the Slaine covers.

This picture which I have sitting infront of me is on the back cover.

I don't beleive it's ever been scannned and put up on this site.

I may even scan the picture myself and put it up here later on if nobody minds. With permission from Wake or one of the other officials.