Main Menu

Established writer needed

Started by CustomCreations, 07 December, 2007, 11:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CustomCreations

HI -

I am currently working on a range of collectibles. I was originally going to make them myself as limited edition, numbered pieces, boxed and with a leaflet.
This leaflet was to have a description of the world the product comes from, and while writing this history/ description, I arrived at a license with HUGE potential. It is all ready world renowned.
I have contacted the licence holder, and, subject to contract, now have permission to use this license in the range.
Discussions with them quickly led me to realise the project was bigger than a 'garage build' and I have now started to look into commercial production.

I have now interest from at least one major company in the UK, and one in the US, and have met with the VP of one of the UK companies- with the request to submit the full works and plan for a further pitch end of December/early January.

I now looking into expanding the potential outside of collectibles and would like to ask any established writers to contact me if they would be interested in taking on a comic side to the project on my behalf.
Terms etc can be arranged as required- I am more interested in getting it 'out there' than sitting on a percentage, and dont want to try something I have no experience in!
There has been two comics which have used a similar world BUT certainly not with the angle,storyline and stylisation I am working with.

If you are interested in any way, please do drop me a line at

info at themodelmakerDOTcoDOTuk.

I have certain artists in mind who I will contact directly in due course.

UPDATED FRIDAY 7th DEC- I have had official confirmation comic rights are available to the licence.

Cheers !!

Dan.

Tiplodocus

You could pop onto the YAHOO Group Scriptdroids and ask the same question there.  Some of the established 2000ad writers hang out there every now and then.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

CustomCreations