Main Menu

Prog 2008 - Cosmic

Started by Rex Banner, 08 December, 2007, 08:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Banner

Most surprised to find this (& new meg) at my local thrill merchant this morning, even more so to find my top cover in there.

Looking very nice but the wife has banned me from reading it properly as I'm supposed to be at work soonly and don't want to spoil it for anyone but Stickleback just looks fatnastic!

Rex Banner

And to top it all, postie has delivered me a copy of Asylum as a prize from Tharg the Generous for my top cover suggestion. 'Tis a day of thrills.

The Monarch

I take it mines wasn't picked then

Rex Banner

I'd take it that the post is slower in Glasgow. ;)

Trout

Any chance of a list of those who were picked?

Rex Banner

Certainly.

Alex Frith, Rehan Mirza, Ivan Waldock, Richard Wood, James Mackay, Ashley Beeching, Steve Longdon, David Page, Mark Wilson, Mike Donachie and John Burdis.

And I'm still banned from reading it!

Pete Wells

Hey Matthewvic, I know a few good solicitors. I reckon we could get a quickie divorce done and dusted by the end of the week!

Rex Banner

Nah, that's alright. The wife makes a good argument that it wasn't due for another three days and it is supposed to last until the New Year. Plus if I got divorced my almost complete collection of Tooth would suddenly get halved.

Pete Wells

Hmmm yeah. My lovely Michelle takes great pleasure in telling me that if I ever misbehave my progs and original artwork will be the first to go... yikes!

vzzbux

Pete instead of divorce I am sure a little accident could be arranged ;)

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Monarch

alright I got my letter and asylum today curse the scottish post but yeah!

dweezil2

Nice to know my letter made the grade also.I'd  like to thank Tharg very much for the Bad Company GN, it's one of my favourite strips from yesteryear.
This competition got me in a very wistful and nostalgic frame of mind and my entry reflected this. Thanks again green bonce.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Leigh S

Read Strontium dog in Nostalgia and comics - looking good - starts off one way, that seems as if its going to be the main thriust of the story, then suddenly you're in the thick of it!

Hoping my Black dossier turns up soon to keep me thrilled until part 2!

Wils

Got my letter from Tharg (hand signed, too!) and a copy of Bad Company for my fave cover submission. Probably have to wait till Wednesday before I actually see the prog, though.

Rex Banner

'I am sure a little accident could be arranged'

Police were called to a house earlier today to find a housewife crushed under a bookcase. Her husband said 'When I left for work she was happily arranging my graphic novels. It appears she made the mistake of mixing Titan, Hamlyn and Rebellion together and the shelves just couldn't take it.'