Main Menu

2000 AD is now Global!

Started by 2000AD Online, 19 December, 2007, 10:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Seasonâ??s Greetings, Earthlets. It gives me great pride to announce that the Galaxyâ??s Greatest Comic is now available to download! Just go to www.clickwheel.net.

Now, wherever you are, as long as you have a computer and Internet access, youâ??ll be able to replenish your Thrill-power levels. And, to mark the launch, the 100pp Christmas prog is priced at just £1.50 ($2.99), the same price as the regular 32pp issues available weekly from January 2008.

Iâ??d like to thank those amongst you who have given us feedback on our pioneering adventure, and if you would like to add more on the Christmas prog and the digital service, please visit the following forum link: http://forum.clickwheel.net/forums/17/topics/38

SPLUNDIG VUR THRIGG!

THARG THE MIGHTY

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Buddy

£1.50 is good value for prog 2008, but not great for the regular prog.

I'll give the prog 2008 a go.

How about The Megazine and the Extreme editions, are they gonna be available on download?

The Adventurer

£1.50 is a great value for this Yank (equates to $2.98 which is in line with most US print books, and a huge discount from the $4.10 Diamond charges.

The only problem is the Image resolution is just to low (some text can be unreadable unless zoomed way in), they need to bump it up 50% more then they have it and everything will be aces.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Buddy

Yeah.. overseas readers are gonna benefit most from this.

Is it not a bit useless if the resolution to too low to read without hassle?

Still, it's a start, teething problems will I'm sure get sorted out within a few weeks.

The Adventurer

I actually managed to read it just fine when I kept it at %125 zoom. The art was only slightly washed, not bad enough to be a serious bother. Though I had to zoom to %150 to read most text in non-comic parts of the book. Something about white text on black and black text on white caused serious distortion at lower zooms.

jamarmiller

So in place of an another  black and white Classic comic being colored and released this week,   Bloodforthebaron.com is releasing RED DAWN's issues 1-7's covers  instead!  

But be warned some of these could be considered small spoilers!

http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/red%20dawn/red%20dawn.html

Click on the thumbnails to enter the gallery and view the image in a larger size

Interesting note for those that care:  The covers are modeled after the original Box art of the figures and vechiles of Action Force

you can see the ongoing discussion on this project with preview images that are/were  work in progress images and see the very beginnings of these covers and  how they transformed into the images they are today, in this thread

http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9134#9134

Enjoy!!!

First issue is hopefully due to be released January 31st!

BernyRB

I think this is a great start. In my opinion a way better solution than what a major american publisher did recently.
The pdf works perfectly. The site is solid.

But the blurryness is an issue indeed.
I wouldn't mind to pay  buck more for a larger sized pdf.

You could also leave the text in vectors.

Thanks.
You did a giant leap in the right direction.

Cheers
B

IndigoPrime

"£1.50 is good value for prog 2008, but not great for the regular prog."

On the plus side, isn't the stuff Rebellion's offering free of DRM, meaning it's portable and that you own it, rather than 'renting' it?

W. R. Logan

six times ive tried to download it and its failed everytime

Matt Timson

Pffft...

W. R. Logan

paid just the once, but after clicking the download link i get a message after a couple of minutes saying the file is damaged and can not be repaired

The Adventurer

Right-Click Save-Target-As instead of just left clicking it.  Left Clicking will just make your PC try and open the PDF in the browser.

W. R. Logan

TordelBack

Sheesh, this whole IE/Firefox/Safari business is getting a bit tiresome.  We make use of a fair amount of online databases in work, and it's a rare day when you only have to use one browser.  It's the delay in copping what's going on that's so frustrating.

Matt Timson

I often find that Safari times out when I'm uploading to Photobucket, but is fine with Firefox.  It really pisses me off.
Pffft...