Main Menu

[Rec]

Started by Keef Monkey, 25 February, 2008, 11:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Saw the UK premiere of this yesterday at the Frightfest in Glasgow (which was awesome, was great seeing Grindhouse exactly as intended!) and was blown away by it. It's a Spanish movie about a TV crew who are following a fire dept "Cops"-style and get stuck in the middle of some nastiness going on in an apartment block. It's like 28 Days Later filmed Blair Witch-stylee and is utterly terrifying. The directors did a Q&A afterwards and said the US remake has already been shot ("Quarantine" it's called) but that'll undoubtedly be mince, but if you like scary stuff then check this out. I'm assuming it'll get a theatrical release here because they had nightvision cameras filming the audience reaction to use in the trailer, so they might have captured the exact moment my pants were shat.

Satanist

I was there as well. I just went to see Rec and The Cottage.

Rec was cracking. Didnt see the Q&A as we nipped off to the bar.

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Keef Monkey

Q&A mainly consisted of someone asking if they were inspired by Blair Witch, them answering that they weren't inspired by any movies but rather got their inspiration from TV reporting, then someone asking if they were inspired by 70's Cronenberg movies, them giving roughly the same answer, someone asking if they were inspired by... etc.

There were a couple of interesting things came up though, for example they didn't give any of the actors a full script so no-one was really aware of anything that was going to happen, so the reactions were nice and natural. The Cottage was very funny I thought (even if Jennifer Ellison got pretty irritating, big baps or no big baps), but I put my hand up at The Cottage Q&A almost without realizing I was doing it, so when I got picked out I nearly died of embarassment. Was a great day, but the less said abut "Zombie Strippers" the better.