Main Menu

'Free' Megazine GN Suggestions

Started by radiator, 01 July, 2008, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Other than the name of the character, was there too much to tie it into Third World War? I'd be very surprised if Rebellion didn't own the rights.

I, Cosh

Quote from: James Stacey on 23 August, 2011, 08:58:38 AM
Other than the name of the character, was there too much to tie it into Third World War? I'd be very surprised if Rebellion didn't own the rights.
It is explicitly the same character and a couple of other characters from Third World War make brief appeareances in the later stories. Personally, I don't have very fond memories of the early Finn material but I thoroughly enjoyed his last two outings which I've recently caught up with in my Prog catchup reading.
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

Any chance of a low life reprint?
What with it coming back next week and all.

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

COMMANDO FORCES

Has anyone mentioned the Metro strips. I know you can read them online, or used to be able to but I'd like to see them in a nice wee collection with the Meg.

Emperor

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 August, 2011, 05:02:02 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 29 August, 2011, 04:17:29 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 August, 2011, 03:52:37 PM
Any chance of a low life reprint?
What with it coming back next week and all.

There are two collections for the UK and US respectively:

http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/megacity_undercover
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Low-Life-Paranoia/Rob-Williams/Judge-Dredd/9781907519888
Ah. My mistake...............

No worries - that is what the forum is for (amongst "other" things).

Also I don't know about the US edition but from the size (Amazon says MCU is 160 pages, the same size and LLP, but the 2000AD shop says 224 pages, which seems about right without digging out my copy) and creators listed I assume they both collect down to "Baby Talk", meaning future collections will synch up. Anyone want to clarify that?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Woolly

Bit of a long-shot, and maybe a bit controversial, but what about the Ezquerra drawn adaptation of the '95 Dredd movie?
Maybe one day follow it up with the Jock adaptation for the new film... ;)

maryanddavid

Again, probably problems with copyright, along with the version that appeared in  a Sunday glossy that I cant remember the name of, but had art by Ron Smith. The Dredd film from the 90's is copyright the filmmakers, as is its spin offs, every cow its calf etc.
Rebellion would probably have to buy the right to reprint pretty crappy content.
IMO there is still alot of content to be gotten through, Like Wolfoe Smith,  Colony Earth, etc, there id still a lot of the 2000ad 'b' stuff to be reprinted.

David

Hawkmumbler

Venus bluegenes anyone?
How's about a couple of Anderson floppies for the run up to psi files 2?

chaingunchimp

i would really love a  john hicklenton collection GN.
just too metal

my blog: http://chaingunchimp.blogspot.com/

For awesome original art by top comic creators please visit:

http://berserkercomicart.com/

radiator

How about a Judge Dredd: Angel of Mercy collection?

Slightly tricky, as one of Oola Blint's appearances was in the Doomsday epic, and it would probably have to be spread over two volumes (bulked out with some other one-offs) but I'd really love a chance to read the other Angel of Mercy stories (I've only read Mad City and Doomsday).

Mad City (2000ad, 19 pages)

Angel of Mercy (2000ad, 12 pages)

Christmas Angel (2000ad, 16 pages)

Shakedown (Megazine, 25 pages)

Christmas with the Blints (2000ad, 12 pages)

Colin YNWA

Just been reminded of Oola's 'adventures' over at Grant Goggins' Thrill-powered Thursday. She was a great Dredd villain and this would make a nice little collection.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 31 August, 2011, 08:03:43 AMHow's about a couple of Anderson floppies

That's harsh, she may be pushing 50 but she's still quite pert!

On a serious note however, this is unlikely given the number of existing collections and the fact that she's now getting the "phonebook" treatment - the Meg floppies rarely overlap with the commercial TPBs.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 September, 2011, 12:24:46 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 31 August, 2011, 08:03:43 AMHow's about a couple of Anderson floppies

That's harsh, she may be pushing 50 but she's still quite pert!
Now steady on governer. :D

QuoteOn a serious note however, this is unlikely given the number of existing collections and the fact that she's now getting the "phonebook" treatment - the Meg floppies rarely overlap with the commercial TPBs.
Fair enough.

I was thinking, what about The Corps?
You know, that war story featuring a mutant strain of the Kleggs?
I'm quite intruiged at the idea.