Main Menu

Watchmen Trailer now...

Started by Goaty, 17 July, 2008, 07:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelAWilkinson

Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Peter Wolf

Game spin offs from films are always crap.Shoddily put together rush job cash ins.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SamuelAWilkinson

Quote from: "peterwolf"Game spin offs from films are always crap.Shoddily put together rush job cash ins.

Think on, Johnny Conclusion! Spiderman 2 was excellent. As were some others which I can't name at this point.

But there should never be a Watchmen game, and anyone involved should feel really dirty.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "SamuelAWilkinson"
Quote from: "peterwolf"Game spin offs from films are always crap.Shoddily put together rush job cash ins.

Think on, Johnny Conclusion! Spiderman 2 was excellent. As were some others which I can't name at this point.

But there should never be a Watchmen game, and anyone involved should feel really dirty.

I should have said nearly all to be fair.

My worst example from experience was the game of The sum Of All Fears on PS2.I wouldnt have complained if i paid a fiver for it new instead of full price as it wasnt worth it.

ThryllSeekyr

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "SamuelAWilkinson"Of course, there's always a ridiculous fucking downside, isn't there?

//http://uk.xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/watchmen/893589p1.html

apparently it won't be a full game, Snyder said it will be kinda like short interactive mini episodes you can download, the first one being about the Comedian assasinating Woodward and Bernstein in the 70's. They won't be based on any events that happen in the book, more of when the Minutemen were in action.

the shutdown man

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Keef Monkey

Been avoiding the hype for this movie because, shame of shames, I hadn't read Watchmen. Felt there was no better time to sort that out though, so read it over the last couple of days and was stunned. Knowing a movie was on the way while I was reading it, I did find myself often wondering how they could really translate it to the screen without losing something pretty important. I'd expect a lot of trimming will need to be done, but there wasn't a lot you could get away with taking out. The way it focuses on individual characters for chunks of it means everyone's really fleshed out, but I'd imagine for a movie taking 20 minutes out from the main storyline to fill you in on Rorshach's background, or having Dr Manhatten hanging out on Mars reflecting, will be seen as halting the storyline too much. I really hope that's not the case, because they'd be losing what I liked most about the book.

Still, the trailer does look amazing, and even though I've just discovered Watchmen it gave me a right tingle, so right now I'm excited.

TordelBack

radiator

I think I read somewhere that Tales of the Black Freighter the pirate comic-within-a-comic in Watchmen has been filmed and will be released as a separate feature on DVD when Watchmen hit the cinemas. Then Watchmen will be released on DVD 6 months later, then another 6 months later there will be an ultimate DVD with both films cut together. Mental.

Peter Wolf

Extra comments from Alan Moore on Watchman etc not included in the TV show:

//http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/comicsbritannia/

I could listen to Alan Moore all day.