Main Menu

Prog 1610: It's new, it's fresh....

Started by Leigh S, 24 October, 2008, 01:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Al Ewing and David Roach are the culprits behind Crimes against fashion, a refreshingly wacky old school Dredd that pushes the right buttons for me.  Good stuff, and a welcome respite from a series of unsatisfying Dredd shorts from the non-Wagner drawer.

Theres a future shock that I have havent read that has nice art.

Stalag continues, Lob ends in a doouble parter, and next week

Mutopia is the Dredd story - which suggest more from the Mutant Rights storyline - yay!

ABC Warriors makes a quick return

And Ampney Crucis starts - could go either way for me - will Lovecraft this be the final straw that has Lovecraft spinning OUT of his grave, such must be the centrifugal forces on his poor wee remains nowadays?  Or will it be worthy of the great man, or at least a lot of fun?  It's Edgington, so it could go either way for this reader!

The Monarch

Thats odd I though Dante: prisioner of the tsar also started in 1611?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "The monarch"Thats odd I though Dante: prisioner of the tsar also started in 1611?

@jamesfeistdraws

Darren Stephens

You have your prog allready? I thought Saturday was previous enough.  :shock:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Leigh S

Not exactly have my prog, just seen one in the shops, and read the Dredd!

phil71

i gotta wait till 10am saturday ! i thought that was early,where is this shop?
if you're gonna shoot,shoot don't talk.

Leigh S

It might be Nostalga and comics in Birmingham, but i'm saying nuthin!

Matt Timson

Dredd- Best I've read in ages- Al is a brilliant and entertaining writer. More Dredds for Ewing, please.

FS- Saw the ending coming a mile off, but still a good tale- particularly liked the artwork. Are the days of inkers numbered?

Stalag 666- Surprise twist- called it weeks ago. Hooray for me!

Lob- Excellent. Not the ending I was expecting- in a good way. Well done that boy.

Very satisfying prog for me.
Pffft...

Darren Stephens

Got the prog, had a flick through only at the mo. That future shock artist.....gorgeous stuff. He or she would be great on Slaine.  :shock:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Dandontdare

It's new, it's fresh...it hasn't arrived!
urrgh! :cry:

Richmond Clements

Don't normally do these threads, but:

The Dredd is superb- nice one Al!

Stalag- good enough, but again the real problem with this strip is the art. There was a chance this week for something different, but bizarrely, the inside of the human spaceship seemed to have the same colour scheme as the alien planet.

Lob has swung between being brilliant to being unfollowable pish for me- but this ending was a total corker!!

Mardroid

Cover:  Oo-er. (Good art though.)

Dredd:  great tale!  Good ideas for the suit (the functionality not the look.) Silly stuff, in a good way. So that lawgiver is a mark 4? Haven't they missed one? (I though the standard issues were mark 2s now? Apart from the Dredd vs Death game, but I figured that was an error.)

Future Shock:  Good tale. Excellent art, certainly looks totally pencil doesn't it? I thought future shocks were supposed to be Science Fiction though. I'm not opposed to a fantasy tale, it just seems to me, if you've got FS for sci-fi, Terror Tales for horror and Time Twisters for time travel stories, maybe there should be another for a fantasy tales. Still, they probably don't get enough to warrant that. It's good to know they will accept fantasy one-offs though. Give writers more scope.

Stalag 666: [spoiler]Have to admit, I didn't see that particular character as the traitor. Also seems even riskier than they let on having the main protagonist  return considering the history of escapees getting cut in two.[/spoiler] Formulaic but certainly not bad. I hope we get some more excitement soon though.

Lobster Random:  Ha! I was starting to go off this a bit, but the last section was great. [spoiler]Poor froggies though![/spoiler]

Leigh S

Presumably, the Narcos booby trapped Lawgivers were the Mark IIs, so whatever variant they introduced after the Doomsday Scenario is the Mark III?

Leigh S

Bah - Tharg has punished me for looking at the prog early in the shop by not delivering my prog....

Have pity, greenbonce!

Mardroid

Quote from: "Leigh Shepherd"Presumably, the Narcos booby trapped Lawgivers were the Mark IIs, so whatever variant they introduced after the Doomsday Scenario is the Mark III?

That was before my time with the prog, but I did read that one in GN form. They way I understood it, the mark 2s were the new issue firearm, although Dredd hadn't yet changed over. After the booby trap thing, I figured they just fixed the mark 2s rather than bring out a new upgrade. I could be wrong though.