Main Menu

Left 4 Dead Demo on Steam

Started by Goaty, 14 November, 2008, 02:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

as playing it on PC. it so brilliant and so crazy! as it from Valve... very half-zombie!

as here some of gameplay here....
//http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QAIuLOb2hdc

Dr Feeley Good

Just played the demo on xbox live,its brilliant !! it gets 9 out of 10 in this months edge magazine.....

Roger Godpleton

Played it through to the end, hella awesome except for some d-bag dicking around instead of going into the safe room at the end. Best game zombies evar?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Goaty

it different every time I played it! like machine gun... and nice to get M16, with nice short, controlled bursts.

harder was the attacks! feelings like million of zombies!

mogzilla

brilliant! played live demo with two 9 yr olds and a nutter who shot me in the head ...then died from witch and several other zombies cos he was pissing about and not playing "properly"

Roger Godpleton

This is deffo one of the games of the year, but there does seem to be a significant amount of douchebags who mess things up. It usually happens towards the end for me.

Keef Monkey

I'm loving it, although I haven't managed to survive a campaign yet. So far me, my brother and some friends have gone through "No Mercy" and "Blood Harvest" and the finale's in both were incredibly tough I thought. In both we've only managed to get one survivor to the escape vehicles while the rest of us get nommed to death. Great experience though, it captures the zombie apocalypse survivor teamwork thing perfectly, and the Vs mode is great fun if a little strange at first.

Pete Wells

I've moaned millions of times on the board how crappy my internet connection is so has this game got a single player/bots mode or is it online only?

Goaty

it got both, but sadly, as to play it, you will download it by Steam :(

Pete Wells

Yeah, I can cope with downloading it from Steam slooooowly but it would be the continual dropping in and out online that would bug me. I can cope with a bot mode though.

KleenSlate

I played the 360 demo version round a friends house (he has a HD overhead projector) and it was pants wettingly good. The game apparently has a "director" of sorts and adjusts to how well you are doing.

After watching my buddy get his ass sauteed in Zombie butter I decided to show him how it's done. Confidently, with my crew consisting of an 11 yr old girl and two other indecipherable yanks, we started kicking arse. Suddenly, and completely by surprise, I got jumped by a Tank (Like Hyde from LOEGentlemens bastard Son) and every member of the team literally screamed in fright!

Can't wait for this but I heard somewhere that there are only four maps...

TheEdge

buy it, buy it now, it may save your life.

Play if on advanced for proper zombie mayhem,
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

artdroid_Lee Carter

Hi all,
    being a big zombie fan, I couldnt resist Left 4 Dead, and man what a game it is...More so "online" but single player is just as fun.
 I have deadlines comeing out of my ears, but when the clock stikes 12 midnight I do have a little blast on it...that plus a dinner time sessiions at work.
hopefully see some of you on there :)
lee

Keef Monkey

"Can't wait for this but I heard somewhere that there are only four maps..."

Its split into 4 campaigns (or movies as they call it) but each one of those has about 5 decent sized maps. The AI director makes sure that bottlenecks and stand-offs tend to happen at different points each time anyway, so I can't see this getting dull ever.

Roger Godpleton

Played through No Mercy once and had a blast but I still spend more time Hording on Gears 2.