Main Menu

lee carter art

Started by artdroid_Lee Carter, 31 March, 2009, 12:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: "artdroid_Lee Carter"Hi all, how's things ;)

Don't put sell yourself short - there is always Germany too. :twisted:
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

artdroid_Lee Carter

Hi Emperor,
   Good morning :).  A lot of people ask me what I think of Liverpool, I tell them it's just a bigger version of Hartlepool but without a decent beach. Mind you the comic shops are better then the few we had in Hartlepool

My main ambition now is to become a freelancer and give up the chains of my day job. It must be great to be your own boss and choose your projects. Things are moving that way which is good news.
Hopefully all the problems I have come across in my work in the past are slowly been solved. I was flicking through some of my 2000ad back issues the other day, and I was really impressed by the way a lot of 2000ad artist have developed from they first published works. So I am looking forward to the future and happy in the fact that my work will develop even further if I work hard enough.
Cheers mate thanks for the compliments :)
lee

SuperSurfer

Always good to hear from art droid dudes on this message board. Wish you all the best with your efforts Lee. Stunning stuff on your links.

When I was a kid, I only wanted to be a comic artist. And then got side tracked with "serious illustration and design" which ended up just as design. Now with minimal amount of work coming in I can't say I am that keen on getting back into it. I always admired those who stuck to what they loved doing.

Emperor

Quote from: "artdroid_Lee Carter"Hi Emperor,
   Good morning :).

It should be easy enough to spot you in a crowd then!!

Quote from: "artdroid_Lee Carter"A lot of people ask me what I think of Liverpool, I tell them it's just a bigger version of Hartlepool but without a decent beach.

Except, I am only 10 minutes walk from one of the region's best beaches  :cry:  

Quote from: "artdroid_Lee Carter"Cheers mate thanks for the compliments ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

mygrimmbrother

Hey, I was perusing some old progs this evening, and came across a really rather good painting of Judge Dredd in the letters page of Prog 758 - Mr Carter, was that you? If so, I get a real kick out of that:  sending a picture in 18 years ago and now working for the prog For Real! Well done sir x

Emperor

Quote from: "mygrimmbrother"Hey, I was perusing some old progs this evening, and came across a really rather good painting of Judge Dredd in the letters page of Prog 758 - Mr Carter, was that you? If so, I get a real kick out of that:  sending a picture in 18 years ago and now working for the prog For Real! Well done sir x

Any chance of a scan?

artdroid_Lee Carter

Hi all,
 Bloody hell....18 years ago...what happened.  I had hair then :)...funny how you live in complete denial..
  I wish I could go and do a scan....but getting into the loft and finding the issues would be a 2 day job...I should have kept them out... I still have my cap and mug :)

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showth ... p?t=154203

Proudhuff

Buttonman your needed!!  :D
DDT did a job on me

zombemybabynow

Just amazing!  love the Dead eyes pic, the one i call twisted history
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Emperor

Quote from: "artdroid_Lee Carter"Hi all,
 Bloody hell....18 years ago...what happened.  I had hair then :)...funny how you live in complete denial..
  I wish I could go and do a scan....but getting into the loft and finding the issues would be a 2 day job...I should have kept them out... I still have my cap and mug :)

Cool. Anyway I checked and 758 is the one with the Simon Coleby cover (and Judge Dredd story):

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=prog&page=profiles

and this is the picture:

Not too shabby (especially for 1991!! ;) ) and an interesting use of collage, but was that ammo clip ever standard issue? Perhaps that was your fatal mistake?

artdroid_Lee Carter

oh the shame....:)
   shows that if you keep going you do get better :)
cheers for the blast from the past....

Emperor

Quote from: "artdroid_Lee Carter"oh the shame....:(

The Monarch

Proudhuff

Buttonman has all that sort of information on his mighty spreadsheet, you just need to get his attention... ;)
DDT did a job on me

Emperor

You need only say his name three times, turn around clockwise, jumping the air and slap your knees (when you land).

Quote from: "Proudhuff"Buttonman your needed!!  ;)

Anyone want to finish the summoning?