Main Menu

top ten ever stories in tooth

Started by Devons Daddy, 26 August, 2002, 03:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

I was flicking through some back progs this weekend and ended up loving some of the series that I'd hated as a kid. Bad City Blue been one and Tribal Memories the other. Who knows maybe I'll seek out The Dead this weekend. Wasn't that about a race of people who couldn't die, but had to kill one of their own for some reason?

Eldritch

BIX BARTON - MASTER OF THE BUM AND UNFUNNY - or whatever it was called. That smelled quite pungent and lasted many a year.
Are we loosely agreed then? 2K without Fleischer, Millar, "funny" Ennis, "funny" Milligan, Hilary Robinson etc would have been a stronger title. The 80s, for reasons I don't understand was a lot better than the 90s, and most of those listed above came to prominence then.

roystead

Give Millar credit for "Silo", the only decent story he ever penned for 2000AD. Otherwise, I agree.

Roy

Matt

Kinda remember Silo. Can anyone remember what happened in it. Wasn't some guy locked alone in a nuclear bunker or something. Was someone trying to get in?

GordonR

>>Wasn't some guy locked alone in a nuclear bunker or something. Was someone trying to get in?

Yes, the producers of Die Hard, outraged at the shameless 100% direct lift theft of a scene from their movie.

The makers of The Shining were also out there hammering on the door as well, I gather.

crazychrissy

I gotta say, that I liked Helltrekkers too.
And Bad City Blue, I thought that was top when I was a kid.
And The Dead - that was ace! Totally bizarre.

Having said that, I've had to leave all my old progs (250-800) in Manchester where I grew up, so haven't read any of the above stories for at least a decade and my memory is decidedly dodge.

It's all the carbernet sauvignon.

CC
(oh yeah - dry run, below zero,trash,junker they really were pony)

crazychrissy

Oh yeah - something I always wanted to ask, concerning the above prog as reprinted by W.R Logan -

I seem to recall that my issue of this prog was printed on completely different paper than all others (the standard bog paper)
Why? where they all like that?

Confused yet still crazy Chrissy.

Smiley

I think all copies of Prog 470 were on better paper. Dunno why. Probably the usual printers were on strike that week, or something.

Or the bog-paper ran out. (Cuh! Doesn't it always?)

Oddboy

Somehow, somehow... the toilet paper didn't run out at Reading Festival last weekend!  Almost unheard of!

Also (to prevent the ritual trashing & burning of the portaloos on the Sunday night) they had security at the toilet areas telling us to "Be in & out, quick as you can"
Hmmm like actually I was thinking of reading a book in there.
Better set your phaser to stun.