Main Menu

Wii Sports resort

Started by Darren Stephens, 25 July, 2009, 07:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteThats kinda like buying a console and complaining that you actually then have to go and buy a game to enjoy it properly (OK it's not really that same).

It's not at all the same. I don't mind paying out for an extra controller or two, my main issue is that each remote costs more than a game.

My other issue is that the capabilities of the Wii's motion controls were totally oversold when it launched, and I think it's a bit cheeky of them to charge even more money for something which was kind of promised out of the box.

Buddy

Quote from: radiator on 20 August, 2009, 04:56:20 PM
QuoteThats kinda like buying a console and complaining that you actually then have to go and buy a game to enjoy it properly (OK it's not really the same).

It's not at all the same. I don't mind paying out for an extra controller or two, my main issue is that each remote costs more than a game.

My other issue is that the capabilities of the Wii's motion controls were totally oversold when it launched, and I think it's a bit cheeky of them to charge even more money for something which was kind of promised out of the box.

It's not at all the same
Well, I did say that when I said (OK it's not really the same)

As for being oversold on the motion control, I can't agree with that. When I got it I experienced just about what I expected.
Should the wii motion+ have been included in the original release, probably but not if it meant delaying release for a few years while they perfected it. I could use the same argument about Sony releasing the slimline PS3... Why not just release that first?
The reason why is because technology advances and manufacturers can upgrade equipment, make it better, make it smaller etc...

each remote costs more than a game
Well, I understand that Sony and Microsoft are developing their own motion controller for their machines. Will be interesting to see what the price of those are when they are available.

All I know is my son loves it and I really enjoy it too... granted I wouldn't call it a 'serious gamers machine' but then I'm not a serious gamer.

Tiplodocus

Aaah - the old definition of a "serious" gamer. That deserves a thread of it's own.

I recall when Wii first came out there was a bloke on the radio saying; "It's brilliant for having loads of your mates round and having a laugh and playing til three in the morning but it's not really for gaming."

And I had to wonder "What is that blokes definition of GAMING then?"

I don't think I was "oversold" on the motion control either when it was first launched; I can't ever feeling disappointed in the level of control that was offered straight out of the box.

Other things to remember are that the Wii actually came with a rocking good game in the box for it's paltry $179 price tag. Not many consoles do that.

And I effectively got Wii Play for a fiver when I bought my second controller; again, a bit of a bargain (love the shooting game and tanks and charge).

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Buddy

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 20 August, 2009, 09:07:04 PM
Aaah - the old definition of a "serious" gamer. That deserves a thread of it's own.

I recall when Wii first came out there was a bloke on the radio saying; "It's brilliant for having loads of your mates round and having a laugh and playing til three in the morning but it's not really for gaming."

And I had to wonder "What is that blokes definition of GAMING then?"

I don't think I was "oversold" on the motion control either when it was first launched; I can't ever feeling disappointed in the level of control that was offered straight out of the box.

Other things to remember are that the Wii actually came with a rocking good game in the box for it's paltry $179 price tag. Not many consoles do that.

And I effectively got Wii Play for a fiver when I bought my second controller; again, a bit of a bargain (love the shooting game and tanks and charge).

By 'serious gamer' I mean people who spend hours on Halo, or GTA or whatever compleating missions and campaigns and such.

I'd love to have the time to devote to those games but I don't, so dipping into wii sports for a game of golf or maybe a two player game with my son on a Mario game for half an hour suits me just fine.