Main Menu

Forum - Bug reports and issues

Started by VinceBot, 26 July, 2009, 05:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceBot

This thread is for bug reports and issues only.
Feature requests belong in the Feature Requests thread.

If you run into any problems on the forum, please post about them here.

Please try to include one or more of the following in your report:

• Description of the issue you experienced
  • Name of the browser and operating system you're using (eg. Firefox, Win98)
  • URL of where this issue was observed
  • Steps to reproduce the issue
  • Description of what you expected to happen
  • Screenshot of the issue

I'll try to address any issues you report as quickly as possible.

VinceBot

Issue
Background images characters appearing off the bottom of the screen when viewed in less than a 1600px height window.

Resolution
Modified CSS background position to bottom. Also changed background colour to #FFF so people with a higher resolution then 1600 will see white above the end of the fade-to-white image.
As a result, background will also be white for anyone who doesn't have the image load.

VinceBot

Issue
Really disliked the way around the user information on the right was laid out. Made no sense and placed the most identifying item in a rediculous location.

Resolution
Rejigged the whole thing. Now name first, title, stars, avatar, title, personal text, post count stuff, and control buttons. Also fixed a bug with the ignore button while I was in there.

VinceBot

Issue
MessageIndex (forum thread list) column titles were misaligned/uncetered.

Resolution
Modified percentage widths for column titles so they share the space properly and text looks like its centered.

VinceBot

Issue
Top bar pagination buttons in the MessageIndex (thread list) were crammed right up against the black column title bar, making them difficult to locate/see/click.

Resolution
Added a 10px margin between the buttons and the column title.

VinceBot

Issue
White block between posts

Resolution
Removed space table row and added horizontal rule between posts.
Hopefully long non-breaking posts should just expand by themselves and leave other lines alone.

ukdane

Re: Issue White block between posts.

It is now a clear space, which shows the background image. Very annoying, and very off putting. I'd rather have white space back.
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

View unread posts doesn't work for me.
I haven't been online since yesterday, and click View unread posts to see what new posts have been made since I was last online- nothing apparently.
I'm using Windows XP, and viewing in IE7.

Or am I missing the point of the view unread posts, as it's always empty. AND what is the difference between this, and View Active Topics?
Cheers

-Daney

SmallBlueThing

Issue: No button, when in the forum, to take me back out to the 2000adonline site proper. I know it's easy to open a window and type the URL, but we don't want to loose people do we? Clicking on the 2000ad logo at the top of the scree should ideally take you back to the homepage of 2000adonline.com.

Steev

Bolt-01

UKD- I actually like the gap between the posts being transparent. Think it's cool.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 28 July, 2009, 08:31:59 PM
UKD- I actually like the gap between the posts being transparent. Think it's cool.

I'm with UKD on this.

"My Messages" screen is still FUBAR in Safari, BTW.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

VinceBot

Quote from: ukdane on 28 July, 2009, 07:30:53 PM
View unread posts doesn't work for me.
I haven't been online since yesterday, and click View unread posts to see what new posts have been made since I was last online- nothing apparently.
I'm using Windows XP, and viewing in IE7.

Hm, this is server side based on your page requests, only clicking "mark all messages as read" should clear it, besides having visited each thread with a new reply.
Usually hitting the "Mark all topics as read" button will rejig it into working again, but if you're certain there are unread topics and they still aren't showing up, come back and tell me which topic is unread (topic ID or link) and I'll look at the database.

Quote from: ukdane on 28 July, 2009, 07:30:53 PM
Or am I missing the point of the view unread posts, as it's always empty. AND what is the difference between this, and View Active Topics?

View Active Topics contains a list of all topics, regardless of if you've read them or not, which have been posted in within the last 7 days, ordered by the most recent post.

View Unread Posts lists all topics which have had new replies since you last visited that topic. If you visit any of these topics they will disappear from the unread list.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 July, 2009, 08:50:12 PM
"My Messages" screen is still FUBAR in Safari, BTW.

I'm not sure whats up with that, can you post a screenshot? I don't have Safari at home.

Quote from: ukdane on 28 July, 2009, 07:27:46 PM
Re: Issue White block between posts.

It is now a clear space, which shows the background image. Very annoying, and very off putting. I'd rather have white space back.

Theres a horizontal rule between each post now which shows up no matter what part of the background its over, rather than the white spacer from before which I always felt blended each post togeather.

Feel free to post a Poll about it and I'll change it back if the consensus is strong enough.

VinceBot

Quote from: SpookyTheCat on 28 July, 2009, 08:11:09 PM
Issue: No button, when in the forum, to take me back out to the 2000adonline site proper.

This is a good point. Fixed.

uncle fester

Not as much of an urgent one I guess, but the black header stretches down over the top links (Home / Help / Search etc) on the iphone, so you can't see them. The links still work, but only because I have a rough idea of where they're supposed to be...

VinceBot

Issue

Vertical white bar between post and profile in a reply to a thread takes up, like, 100px. This makes any ignored replies take up excess space.
Likely a simple CSS issue.

Resolution

Changed the white bar to be the table cell background, so it scales to the post. No more excess wasted space.