Main Menu

Where am I?

Started by Eric Plumrose, 28 July, 2009, 11:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Plumrose

You're in a room. There's a goblin guarding a treasure chest to your . . . Oh, sorry. Wrong show.

I don't have a problem with it being set in a desert, rather than Portmeirion, but it does rather seem to be missing the point with Ian McKellen as an unchanging Number Two.

I'm not a cucumber . . . I'M A PIECE OF HAM.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

worldshown

From the trailer, it looks ok.

If I can disassociate it from the original, it might be enjoyable nonsense.

uncle fester

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 28 July, 2009, 11:01:54 PM
You're in a room. There's a goblin guarding a treasure chest to your . . . Oh, sorry. Wrong show.

I loved that program... And the ground breaking graphics...

uncle fester

Blimey that was a trailer and a half. Nine minutes? Why not just include the ending, they've shown everything else...

Looks like fun. I'm allowed to say that though, as I've never seen the series. Sorry.

Bouwel

If I can disassociate it from the original, it might be enjoyable nonsense

I think that's going to be the problem. From the trailer it does seem to hold a bit of promise. Time will tell.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

uncle fester

Nice new avatar you've got there Bouwel!  ;D

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 28 July, 2009, 11:01:54 PM

I'm not a cucumber . . . I'M A PIECE OF HAM.

Meh. Lost interest after about three minutes. Gave it another two and packed it in. Comes to something when the teaser doesn't even  raise my interest.

Ho hum ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: uncle fester on 29 July, 2009, 11:11:13 AM
Nice new avatar you've got there Bouwel!  ;D

Although by rights, he now ought to end every post - and I mean EVERY post - with 'Grobbendonk spoke Gibberish, a fringe world dialect.'
@jamesfeistdraws

Bouwel

Nice new avatar you've got there Bouwel!

Thank you for the kind comment!

Although by rights, he now ought to end every post - and I mean EVERY post - with 'Grobbendonk spoke Gibberish, a fringe world dialect.'

Your wish is my command.

-Bouwel-
(Who frequently speaks this dialect)
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 July, 2009, 11:14:36 AMMeh. Lost interest after about three minutes . . .

I must confess I did start speed-searching through it after only a few seconds. Rover's entrance was almost brilliant until you realize just how fucking big the silly sods have made him/her/it.

And dear Grud, that gubbins about aliens. I'd like to think it's a deliberate wrong-footing but . . .

the shutdown man

I'm interested. I only watched about a minute, not out of disdain, but rather to make sure I didn't spoil anything. But hey, it's McKellen. That's always good, right?

I am planning on watching the original before this, just to make sure.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

planetoid

Based on that long trailer, I get the impression James Caviezel lacks the intensity Patrick McGoohan brought to Number Six. It was McGoohan's mix of charisma and intense defiance that drove the show and Cavielzel doesn't strike me as that sort of actor. I think someone like Chris Eccleston would have been a good choice and I think he was once rumoured for the part. If Cavielzel can do some convincing defiance it will work but if he's too laid back it's gonna be a lame update. And without wishing to be too stuck in the past, every Prisoner fan knows the Village is and always will be Portmeirion and not some location in South Africa.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: planetoid on 30 July, 2009, 12:56:31 PMAnd without wishing to be too stuck in the past, every Prisoner fan knows the Village is and always will be Portmeirion and not some location in South Africa.

As an increasingly sentimental old fart, my heart agrees even if, conceptually-speaking, there's absolutely no reason Portmeirion need serve as the location.

I'll be seeing it. But I suspect at some point thenceforth I'll be informed by Mrs. Souster that, if the Idiot Box is indeed switched off, it'll remain so until I learn to stop threatening it with the old Energizer.