Main Menu

SPOILERS Last page of Under New Management

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 19 August, 2009, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

mgb you are a cheeky so and so, good pencil monkey though but!

mygrimmbrother

Trout

I think it worked perfectly well the way it was done in the comic. Yes, Richard's change makes it a bit more obvious, but IMO it's not needed.

- Trout

DavidXBrunt

Couldn't agree more Trouty. The way it was published means the story finished with an ironic joke. That seems much more fitting than fiddling about with the panels. As much as I admire the cheek there's something very wrong about readers correcting a Wgner script...

Rio De Fideldo

"As much as I admire the cheek there's something very wrong about readers correcting a Wagner script"

With that in mind I wonder if anyone is interested in the following. Since gaining new improved web fu I was considering scanning in pages from a MARK MILLAR Dredd such as the Frankenstein Division which contains some great drawing by Ezquerra but the words always felt a bit wrong. I'm proposing on removing the dialogue and then seeing if everyone wants to re-letter the balloons.

You could make it funny or serious.

Its just a bit of fun but it may be mildly diverting. They used to do it all the time in old Marvel UK comics.

Dandontdare

But surely to end with Dredd riding into the sunset is a huge cliche? A last cut to the brilliantly defective lawyer-bot punctures that obvious 'moment' - genius!

In short, don't presume to second-guess your betters, bub!

locustsofdeath!

Well, it is a 'big' moment, so you can't blame Mr. Field for being thoughtful about it.

Dandontdare

Rio De Fideldo

Hey you're the best at what you do so you can't help it!

Have you read the Jason Aaron Wolverine which runs through a tpical week in the life of Wolvie. Its great and kind of makes sense of all the different costumes and teams he's on.

Dandontdare

Nope, but it just got added to my list! I'm currently waiting for a workmate to lend me 'Old Man Logan' as soon as he's got the last parts.

Rio De Fideldo

You'll have a wait to go for that.

The story is called a Mile in my Moccasins and its in Wolverine 73 & 74.

Art by Adam Kubert.

There's also some nice art from Tommy Lee Edwards on a different story.

vzzbux

To have Dredd ride off reeks of end of story not beginning of and epic. Wagner knew what he was doing.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Rio De Fideldo

Been trying to scan the first page of the Frankenstein Division but it doesn't seem to be coming out at the same size.

I haven't done anything differently than I did the scan yesterday and that came out the right size.

Any ideas?