Main Menu

Milton and Bradley

Started by THE HOWLER, 21 August, 2009, 09:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE HOWLER

Does anyone know what happened to the Milton and Bradley stories that were done in the late eighties and early nineties? Who was the writer and artist?They were extremely funny and as yet I haven't been able to find a thing on them.

Emperor

Welcome. Barney is your freind for all your needs:
http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&choice=bradley

See also (you'll need to scroll down):
http://www.2000ad.org/thrillpower/2kad1.html

It was written by Alan McKenzie and the background to his writing for 2000AD might require a trip to Thrill-Power Overload.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Rio De Fideldo

I've just got the Milton and Bradley pun (although its not really a pun).

I, Cosh

Quote from: Richard Field on 22 August, 2009, 08:56:22 AM
I've just got the Milton and Bradley pun (although its not really a pun).
Nope. I still haven't.
We never really die.

Rio De Fideldo

The Milton Bradley Company is an American game company established by Milton Bradley in Springfield, Massachusetts, in 1860. In 1920, it absorbed the game production of McLoughlin Brothers, formerly the largest game manufacturer in the United States and in 1987 it purchased Selchow and Righter, makers of Parcheesi and Scrabble.

Milton Bradley was taken over by Hasbro, Inc., in 1984. Now wholly owned by Hasbro, it is still retained as one of Hasbro's brands, similar to the manner in which Parker Brothers is one of Hasbro's brands. It is a board game and sometimes video game publisher

Kerrin

Welcome to the board Mr.THE HOWLER.

vzzbux

Welcome Howler.
I thought Bradley was weird, in a good way.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Richard Field on 22 August, 2009, 11:25:33 AM
The Milton Bradley Company is an American game company established by Milton Bradley in Springfield, Massachusetts, in 1860. In 1920, it absorbed the game production of McLoughlin Brothers, formerly the largest game manufacturer in the United States and in 1987 it purchased Selchow and Righter, makers of Parcheesi and Scrabble.

Milton Bradley was taken over by Hasbro, Inc., in 1984. Now wholly owned by Hasbro, it is still retained as one of Hasbro's brands, similar to the manner in which Parker Brothers is one of Hasbro's brands. It is a board game and sometimes video game publisher

Oh, so that's what MB stands for. I didn't know that.

THE HOWLER

Quote from: Kerrin on 22 August, 2009, 11:29:53 AM
Welcome to the board Mr.THE HOWLER.
Through the fish skulls and demonic membranes I see the future presented to me in caleidoscopic fashion by the great worm Crom on day release from the Chavy depths of Med City.

THE HOWLER

Many thanks to Emperor for the info and Kerrin re the jolly quotes.