Main Menu

New Rebellion Judge Dredd game?

Started by planetoid, 02 September, 2009, 12:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

planetoid

QuoteWell, there is the announcement that went out recently about a new Judge Dredd film in the works," said Jones when we asked him about the possibility.

"There's not a lot I can say about that right now, but the film is in development and...I really can't say anything about what we might be doing game-wise at the moment. But...watch this space," he said.

Full article:

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2009/09/01/rebellion-making-new-judge-dredd-game/1

QuoteThere's not a lot known about the next Judge Dredd film, but Rebellion has previously confirmed that it'll be a remake of the original Stallone film

!!!!!!!  :o  :o

I don't think that's right. A remake? I think it's a new film totally unconnected to the original. I think that site got it a bit wrong! :D "I am the laaaawrghh" We don't need that bit remade. Heh.

The Adventurer

I think 'remake' is  a bit of a misnomer.  Surely, 'Do Over' is much more accurate.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

uncle fester

Interesting... I seem to recall them saying that games were a bit too expensive to try again after the last one etc etc. Happy to hear they've changed their minds. I suppose it'd be too much to ask to have Judge Dredd / Mega City One based loosely on the Grand Theft Auto theme...?

Anyone else think they're taking their time over the movie simply because of the mauling the last one got?

vzzbux

Any news is good news no matter how vague.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

Quote from: planetoid on 02 September, 2009, 12:42:30 AM
QuoteThere's not a lot known about the next Judge Dredd film, but Rebellion has previously confirmed that it'll be a remake of the original Stallone film

!!!!!!!  :o  :o

I don't think that's right. A remake? I think it's a new film totally unconnected to the original. I think that site got it a bit wrong! :D "I am the laaaawrghh" We don't need that bit remade. Heh.
They probably just meant to say it's not a sequel.

CraveNoir

Quote from: uncle fester on 02 September, 2009, 12:51:33 PM
Anyone else think they're taking their time over the movie simply because of the mauling the last one got?

I suspect that since they have a script and have contracted Jock to do some pics, the production company is working out a budget and preparing a presentation pack in order to get financial backing. But I could be completely wrong.

PsychoGoatee

I'm always excited about news for a new Dredd movie, and I'd love a new Dredd game.

Always need more JD.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

antodonnell

I suppose it'd be too much to ask to have Judge Dredd / Mega City One based loosely on the Grand Theft Auto theme...?

That take on a Dredd game would be perfect. Open world sandbox in mega city with some large scale events to tie things together with popular characters, Hunting PJ Maybe, the dark judges, Mean ...... sweet. Plus all the day to day patrolling and law dispensing on the streets. Through in some online ranking system for the Judges who perform the best.

Thats a game I'd buy. Good news that there maybe a new one. I still have the Dredd vs Death.

JOE SOAP

I think what we need is a Judge Dredd Cursed Earth game.

Steven Sterlacchini

I think there were some good elements the the last game. Just lose the zombies and more street stuff and it would be cool for me.

Steven

Mike Gloady

The last one wasn't too bad really, zombies and vampires aside obviously. 

GTA style Dreddage with missions and sidequests sounds best of all - driving elements, stealth missions, all out block-war, gun play, day to day judgeing etc.  I'd love that. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Imagine pulling 59C's with a point'n'click interface, tipping out drawers and pulling apart u-bends - Sugar possession, three counts; overdue vid-slugs, 2 counts -  that's 9 months and another 3 for the attitude, move!

Mike Gloady

Oh yes.

Although a lot of the gameplay aspects of MetalGear always seemed like they'd work well in a Dredd setting, but maybe that's just my fondness for Snake and Dredd accidentally mating and producing hideous offspring.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

The Monarch