Main Menu

Anyone for traveling to Hi-Ex in a minibus next year!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 17 September, 2009, 04:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

After a comment I made on the 2000ad chat room last night about getting to Hi-Ex I have been thinking about it whilst I was at work last night. I was going to fly up from Kent and stay in a B&B but after mentioning it in the chat room how's about this idea-

I hire a minibus from Maidstone and drive up the country picking people up along the way until we reach Inverness. We would set off early on Friday and get up there Friday night at whatever time. We would start the return journey after it has all finished on Sunday night.

Now the price would all depend upon getting as many people to travel up as possible. This would make it a lot cheaper for everyone in these current times. I would like all to pay the same amount no matter how far up the country you live so it's fair for everyone.
Say for instance we hired a 7 seater  type van (or larger) and it cost £200 for 3 days and say the fuel was £300, then we would divide the £500 by 7 if it was full. So everyone would pay just over £70 which is not too bad.
Obviously this all depends on the amount of people who like the idea, the vehicle and the fuel and who knows we could try and get a deal on a B&B place for the group to stay at!

Anyway if anyone likes this idea get your name on here and I'll get in touch and we'll see how things evolve.

John

Richmond Clements

You're a bloody genius, CF!

If you start to get some interest here, then we could maybe stick this up on the HiEx site too...

Wake

I might be up for that coming from Oxford.

Cheers,

Wake

SamuelAWilkinson

Travelling ShedCon? That sounds like a bloody good idea.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

You have peaked my interest anyway. Looking at the prices of flights to Inverness I think getting a cheap flight to London and taking the minibus the rest of the way would work much cheaper. This means I have more money to spend up there. This really is a fantastic idea CF.

SmallBlueThing

I'm going to TENTATIVELY stick my hand up and say I'd be interested in this. I say "tentatively", because I'd sort of had the idea of taking the whole family up to Hi-Ex as I'd read it was very kid-friendly, and the missus has always wanted to go to "scote-land" (but especially "Eden-bo-ro". I doubt she's even heard of Inverness. Maybe I could just tell her it IS Edinburgh...) and so I'd be nabbing four seats- two of which would be full of bouncing hyperactive children. Probably not condusive to the atmos that CF was hoping for.

But, should that plan fail and it ends up with just me going- absolutely yes, I'd be up for that! I could easily make it Maidstone.

SBT

Large48

Yep another tentative.

Could always arrange to meet at various places on a 'direct' route up north to leave cars at people's houses etc, otherwise it could take a couple of days to get up there in an old bus!

But good job that man
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Peter Wolf

Interested.

Never been to a Con and never been to Scotland despite living in the Lake District for a good while and being quite close to Scotland.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

That's an idea - I'm in Manchester, a decent halfway stopping point, and I know there's a few others in the area.

If this takes off we may fill more than one ... we may even get ourselves a CONVOY! I'll bet you've got the radios CF! Ten ten!

TordelBack

Richmond Clements

locustsofdeath!

I'd like to go, if you'd have me. I sure could use the distraction of a Con.

I'm in Ely, near Cambridge.

Pete Wells

Blimey, if I get permission from the missus (yup, I'm a wussy) I'm definitely up for it. Pick me up at Sunderland?

Roger Godpleton

I'm a moderately likely, coming from Milton Keynes/Newport Pagnell.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

SmallBlueThing

Why do I get the feeling that in ten years we'll all be watching a movie version of this trip, written by Richard Curtis, with the lot of us played by ageing ex-sitcom stars and the obligatory Mark Hardy and Hugh Grant?

SBT