Main Menu

Subscribers

Started by [Carl], 04 October, 2009, 07:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Carl]

I'd like to suggest, that as a current subscriber, that I can have a Droid life poster sent to me, as an acknowledgement of my years of loyal patronage.

moly

god no something better like when the sent me a free graphic novel i think it was glimmerrats would be much better

Bolt-01

BWAAA HAAA HAAAA

Don't open this can of worms again!

Personally I'd love it if we got the current incentive item every year as our anniversary rolled round- but It doesn't really work that way.

The only way to get the freebies every time is to pay up front for the whole year- every year.

Proudhuff

Does anyone know if the postal strikes are hitting Denise's area (ooo-er Matron?)
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

I just cancel my sub for a week then start up again. Job done.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

I need a pristine copy so I can never ever sub ;)

flesario

Can anyone explain why subscribing is so desired by Tharg?

I assume that knowing your income for the next year or whatever, cutting down distribution costs and improving the accuracy of sales figures must mean that taking less per prog is worth it?

By subscribing am I really improving things or do people subscribe because they like the idea of getting a nice bundle on Saturdays?

Colin YNWA

Also by cutting out the middle man i.e. retailer you get their share of the profits to boot - hence lower cost to us and the odd free gift as all of what we pay can go direct into the coffers.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: flesario on 12 October, 2009, 08:53:44 PM

By subscribing am I really improving things

Yes, I would definitely believe so. WH Smith will want at least 50% of your cover price before they'll let you on their shelves. I'm assuming that an envelope, postage, and whatever it costs to run the Subs Dept works out as a better deal.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Huzzah for Denise! I got what I wanted yesterday  :-*
DDT did a job on me

flesario

Blimey, I never expected retailers could take so much, even if it's anything like 50%. Thanks to you both, and sod that I'm subscribing from now on.

Mike Gloady

As soon as my housemove thing is sorted I'll sub. 

Actually I might just do it now ANYWAY.  After all,it's only a small thing to fix isn't it?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TheEdge

i sub for the year, but always get really confused by the letters saying my subscription is about to run out, about 3 or 4 months before it actually does.

Does anyone else get that.

Why cant they tell us what PROG will be the last one delivered,
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Proudhuff

Quote from: TheEdge on 14 October, 2009, 10:36:52 AM
i sub for the year, but always get really confused by the letters saying my subscription is about to run out, about 3 or 4 months before it actually does.

Does anyone else get that.

Why cant they tell us what PROG will be the last one delivered,

I think that letter is pretty standard but it does give you a heads up a couple o months in advance, I mark it in me diary then act a week or two before the end date, which you can work out as your address label carries the start/end  prog/Meg numbers.
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 October, 2009, 09:15:49 AM
Huzzah for Denise! I got what I wanted yesterday  :-*
Tharg is a pimp now?!
We never really die.