Main Menu

I don't understand the appeal of...

Started by wild-seven, 28 October, 2009, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulouis

Quote from: House of Usher on 28 February, 2010, 03:43:24 PM
you get hold of a bunch of people to interview and then you snowball your sample

Hur hur hur.

Mike Gloady

Tried that in the GUM clinic the other day.  Got arrested.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Tiplodocus

It's perfectly presentable pop that Girls Aloud give to us.  As far as I know, you don't actually have to be a brilliant singer for that. As a package lacking in some departments and overflowing in others, I like them.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Richmond Clements

Anyone going to see Girls Aloud or Britney for the singing is, I fear, missing the point somewhat.

And no one I know on Twitter just posts drivel about going to the toilet- that's just a lazy, and if I may say, critisism.

Dandontdare

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 01 March, 2010, 10:01:30 AM
Anyone going to see Girls Aloud or Britney for the singing is, I fear, missing the point somewhat.

Quite right - it's all about young women in lingerie!

wild-seven

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 March, 2010, 10:08:18 AM

You forgot the bending over  ;)
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Dandontdare

Quote from: wild-seven on 01 March, 2010, 10:32:18 AM

You forgot the bending over  ;)

Oh no, trust me, I didn't! Huuuurrrrnnnnnn!

Mike Gloady

Tanky

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 28 February, 2010, 08:18:49 PM
... A lot of hate for autotune...

OK, so i paraphrased but I'm 100% with you there. This has been kicking around for a while and shows just how much you can warp things with autotune. It's pretty good actually, made me chuckle  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v-v3jh-Cco

Mike Gloady

Ha.  Like it.

In it's place it can be a useful tool, to stop endless studio hours being lost in pursuing pitch and getting a performance on tape.  I just loathe the over-reliance on it. 

staticgirl

Gloom-pop

My favourite:
ulterior
The one being touted by the press:
R o m a n c e
Others - white rose movement
White Lies
Not many bands  because it's all made up by NME.

And yes, far too much auto-tune being used in pop at the moment. Commercial radio sounds horrible.

Peter Wolf

Its not just autotune thats the problem as entire songs are written and generated using computer programmes and formulas so the majority of pop music is manufactured and synthetic in a very real sense in how its composed.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 01 March, 2010, 02:39:19 PM
Its not just autotune thats the problem as entire songs are written and generated using computer programmes and formulas so the majority of pop music is manufactured and synthetic in a very real sense in how its composed.

Hurry down Doomsday, the bugs are taking over!

HdE

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 01 March, 2010, 11:05:22 AM
Ha.  Like it.

In it's place it can be a useful tool, to stop endless studio hours being lost in pursuing pitch and getting a performance on tape.  I just loathe the over-reliance on it. 

[sings] do you belieeeeve in love after lo-oo-oove...

:lol:
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

House of Usher

I've got no problem with vacuous pop - got to have something to tap your toes to and hum in the shower. She can go on doing that as far as I'm concerned, or just pack it in and sit at home counting her money, which is what I'd do in her place. I just wish people weren't so apparently fascinated by her public-domestic soap opera, her partner's text messages and adultery, how skinny she is, how she starves herself and consumes only mint tea, her handbags, her shoes, her hair, her make-up and how much of her superfluous flesh is airbrushed out of photographs. None of that makes her interesting. In fact, nothing does.

I'm sure Cheryl Twee-oley will go down a storm at the V Festival. Not.
STRIKE !!!