Main Menu

Your good deed for the day!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 26 November, 2009, 06:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I was walking into town at about 16:00 today and as I was passing a garage forecourt a lady was approaching from the other direction. Unluckily for her, one of her paper carrier bags decided to drop its contents onto the floor all across the entrance and as luck would have it a car wanted to get in.
I being so nice stopped to help and scooped most of the stuff off the floor to a more convenient area. She didn't know what to do but that's when my military training kicked in. From out of my daysack I produced a bag for life carrier and handed it to her and said she could keep it and with that I was on my way.

So come on everyone I know the papers would have us all down as selfish with no time for anyone. What is your good deed today, or even this week?

Mike Gloady

I said the neighbour can put their skip in front of our house (they're on a corner and there isn't any space there).

Not only that, but when they asked, they didn't have a skip lined up so my brother did them a deal.  Sweet.  So neighbours and brother are both plus 1 in my good deep book.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

I didn't kill anyone today. Much.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well done Jim, now try and keep that up for a week this time!

Dandontdare

swapped shifts (again) with a colleague so she can get her son to his rugby/football/whatever. Poor woman seems to get the most unhelpful shifts, and is bringing up two youngsters alone so I often end up with more than my share of 12-8's, but I'm free, single and flexible, so it's no skin off my chin.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 November, 2009, 08:48:49 PM
Well done Jim, now try and keep that up for a week this time!

Awwwww! You spoil all my fun. This is so unfair! I hate you!

Cheers

Jim

TordelBack

I cut my own salary by exactly enough that we could afford to keep a decent guy on 'til January, rather than letting him go next week.  I've useful stuff for him to do but just couldn't manage the cashflow, and fuck it, I'm not making someone redundant just before Christmas when he has zero prospect of getting another job.

I have yet to mention this to the wife, so you may see me in the 'Life Spugs' thread later on.  The WiFi is pretty good on the couch.

Jim_Campbell

I could kill him for you, TB ...

Cheers!

Jim

James Stacey

I spent all last night setting my dads router up to the internet and shoring up his computer against the impending attacks. He has the same crappy 1920s BT wiring (or should that be GPO wiring) as I had and is further from the exchange but fortunately I got sync ok.

Devons Daddy

I supported a difficult colleague,whom has been less then supportive since my promotion.
over a situation she brought upon herself with an overseas client.

I did THIS merely for the fact,that since my illness,I always TRY to do the right thing.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

HdE

I bought my old man the 'Complete Police Squad' DVD, just to put a smile on his face.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

SuperSurfer

On Thursday I bought a coffee from Pret (I know it's a chain but they make great coffee) and I was given a fiver extra in change and I gave it back. That evening I fancied a Costa coffee (repeat: I know it's a chain but they make great coffee) and found that I had ran out of money so I had to pay £2 by card. Bah. Good deeds are a waste of time. Or perhaps they should be reserved for those who deserve them rather than companies that sell (very tasty) over salted fattening foods masquerading as healthy meals.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Do gooders! How can we go to hell in a hand cart with this sort of 'helpful' nonsense carrying on?  :-*
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Peter Wolf

I picked up some litter in the street and in the church garden and picked up a bike that was locked up to a signpost because it was an obstruction and half of the bike was obstructing the road.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 29 November, 2009, 02:58:59 PMand picked up a bike that was locked up to a signpost

errm - round here that's known as "nicking someone's bike"