Main Menu

Last year's Resolutions: How did you do?

Started by House of Usher, 28 December, 2009, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote1. Try to have another sprog.  Even if we don't succeed, the attempt is its own reward.
SUCCESS!  And if I do say so myself, the other 9 resolutions can go fuck themselves, my wee Ruby is a total triumph.

Quote2. Try not to think about work every single bloody minute of my life.
SUCCESS!  Did buckets of sailing, managed to turn off the nagging voice for at least a few hours every week.

Quote3. Spend far less time online desperately trying to think about anything other than work (oh the irony).
EPIC FAIL!  How many fecking posts can one man make in a day?!?

Quote4. Spend most of the time saved with my family.
EPIC FAIL!

Quote5. Spend the rest of the time saved with my friends doing something other than drinking and moaning.
EPIC FAIL!

Quote6. Get the bloody garden under control.  It's the size of a picnic rug, how hard can it be?
We have a garden?  Is it under all that dog shit?

Quote7. Get fit again.  This year I had lost the requisite 3 stone by the end of May, and ended up putting it all back on because I
couldn't find the time for exercise or proper fod, and sat in the office eating biscuits and typing at you bastards instead. 
HA HA HA HA HA HA!  After a decent stab at it for the first half of the year, I've never been fatter or less fit. 

Quote8. Learn to helm the dinghy I normally crew without killing anyone.
EPIC FAIL!  I'm shit at helming!  Getting better at crewing though.

Quote9.  If I don't manage Resolution No. 1, visit the brother in Oz next Winter instead.
IRRELEVANT!  He came to me.

Quote10.  Get one bloody letter printed.
Didn't even write one.

Satanist

Still drink, smoke and eat too much crap so last years resolution to remain Scottish was a success.

I DO intend to give up the cigs next year. honest.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Roger Godpleton

Let it never be said that romance is dead
'Cos there's so little else occupying my head
There is nothing I need 'cept the function to breathe
But I'm not really fussed, doesn't matter to me

[chorus:]
Ruby, ruby, ruby, ruby
Do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya
Know what ya doing, doing to me?
Ruby, ruby, ruby, ruby

Due to lack of interest tomorrow is cancelled
Let the clocks be reset and the pendulums held
'Cos there's nothing at all 'cept the space in between
Finding out what you're called and repeating your name

[chorus]

Could it be, could it be, that you're joking with me
And you don't really see you with me
Could it be, could it be, that you're joking with me
And you don't really see you with me

[chorus]

Do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya
What ya doing, doing to me?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

mogzilla

eat "better" which i do,not necassarily healthier but some times i leave some and the appetite has taken a tumble since the swine flu so i recommend that!

one i did do was to try other stuff than dredd and hellboy and read more other strips in the prog...victorian undead,cradlegrave,bprd 1947 even the latest dante!!!

Professor Bear

Lose weight: WIN
Get a decent job: WIN, later FAIL.  Then WIN again.
Drink less: FAIL
Make a bit more time for the family: WIN (but it's often felt like FAIL)
Get something published: WIN if creator-owned counts.
Finish off that thing*: WIN/FAIL

* This can refer to pretty much anything.

Trout

QuoteMy general one is: get a life.

My daughter's almost three now, and is already in playgroup three mornings a week. We'll qualify for the free childcare thing this year, too. Financially, things are picking up a little so I may even manage to get on a course of some kind, just for my own interest. I also plan to sort out the garden.

But "get a life" is a good way of putting it. I love being a dad and I feel very lucky, but getting some normality again will make a huge difference to me.

- Trout 

HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

We have a new baby. Reset button well and truly hit. Oh well. We're happy.  :)

- Trout

vzzbux

Don't do Resolutions as you only get disappointed when they are broke. I suppose I could go for an easy one.

Get more Star Wars merchandise.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JayzusB.Christ

I didn't make any. But do help yourselves to a smug baldy to nudge you all in the right direction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGt_4hRGUnQ
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

This year's resolution:  keep a roof over our heads. 

satchmo

It's give up the fags for me this year, I'm determined to do it.

Zarjazzer

I was going to learn finally to play piano and be  a jazz man in a seedy nightclub.

Epic fail.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

stacey

I didn't make any last year, just extra pressure, but I have made one this year. Phone Virgin and get better deal on telly.phone/internet thing. If they refuse LEAVE them and go to SKY. And DO it.

I hate phoning people and being a grown up/responsible person.

pauljholden

"Draw. A lot."

IIRC that was mine. On that count, well... since my only income is now from drawing that had to be a success. I don't draw nearly as much as I should - though what I draw is usually published/paid for so that's good. My norm for drawing was around 100 pages per year (which isn't a lot - but that was when I had a part time job) last year I think I did more but can't quiet remember, certainly in the last quarter I did around 75 pages (3 issues Battlefields for the Yankee market and Heart of Iron for the Megazine) and while I no longer have a part time job, I spend much more time looking after my kids than I ever did working part time.

This years resolution is to draw a lot more - so far it's not starting out very well...

-pj