Main Menu

Last year's Resolutions: How did you do?

Started by House of Usher, 28 December, 2009, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

A big well done to Mr. Monarch, very impressive.

Dog Deever

Well, last year I didn't make any resolutions in public, but I secretly resolved to start a blog for art gubbins.
and I did, here it is...
Up Against the Wall, Motherfuckers...

great, eh?

Still- I signed up to some more forums, started a message board a few days ago, made some more band profiles on various networking sites, wrote some more scabby & rotten music to terrorise decent human beings with.

This year I resolve to become even more negative.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

uncle fester

Come on then DD - put some art gubbins up!  :)

Dog Deever

S'funny- I have an extreme aversion to arty self-promotion, but I will pimp the band til the coos come home- probably because the art needs to be good and the band positively revels in being in-your-face bad.

After much self analysis, I believe that pimping my comic art would take a confidence that I don't have, pimping my 'music' takes no confidence at all (being reviled is just as desirable as being loved, if not more so).

Like other artists, confidence isn't something I can get from people being complimentary- it has to come from some internal self-satisfaction that the work is ok.
With the band, I simply don't give a fuck because we like our music and to hell with anyone else. If people don't like it, they can piss off and listen to someone else- there's a plethora of varied music for folk to listen to.

Maybe I just think about this stuff too much!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

SuperSurfer

Good on you, The Monarch. Well done, Sir.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 January, 2010, 07:24:14 PM
Blimey, that's very nearly another whole person! Well done that (smaller) man.

It really is! I only weigh nine stone, so if Monarch can shed another three he'll be able to fashion himself his very own Jimbo from all the excess fat.* An incentive if ever there was one.

*EDIT - Erm, that's not actually how weight-loss works though is it? For some reason I was imagining all the weight that gets lost being dumped in a big pile somewhere, like the airing cupboard.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

Thats something thats always bugged me. Where does the excess weight go does it just disappear?

Peter Wolf

It doesnt just disappear.

If you stop eating and exercise then the excess fat you are carrying gets burnt up as its turned into energy.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Tiplodocus

Quote"Thats something thats always bugged me. Where does the excess weight go does it just disappear?  "

I recall DIG-L and BISH-OP saying that they once received a Future Shock submission on this vary topic.

Well done Monarch and all others who met your goals. 

Remember to be specific and make your goals measurable when setting them this year. It really helps to say "I'm going to lose 1 stone by June" rather than "I'll try and eat healthier".

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 06 January, 2010, 07:30:39 PM
Quote"Thats something thats always bugged me. Where does the excess weight go does it just disappear?  "

I recall DIG-L and BISH-OP saying that they once received a Future Shock submission on this very topic.

...and then Russell T Davies nicked it for Dr Who!

Mike Gloady

Well done Monarch!  Looking good AND you've shown the immense good sense to get hold of the Ro-Busters collection.  Congratulations.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

The Monarch

ha! standing behind the health section of the now closed borders. Never noticed that before!