Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil McClements

Thanks Neil. Was supposed to be a 6 pager but I've convinced the those that need to be convinced to let it grow a bit to 8 or 9 pager now.

SuperSurfer

Stunning work in last few posts. Make sure you let us know when that strip is finished Archie. Looks amazing.

And cool stuff from everyone else.

orlok_tzar

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 23 November, 2012, 09:49:26 PM
Ace stuff on this page. Super lawmaster orlok_tzar.

Thank you!

My stuff feels very pedestrian compared to the actual artwork being pumped out here, I'm lucky if I can draw a stick figure so making things in 3D is my get out clause.

Here's a test render for my "alternate universe Judge" , I'm trying to find a lo res solution for the insignia.

rgds

LoK

staticgirl

Amazing stuff Orlok and Archie.

Radiator - that's flipping adorable!

junox

love the work here......... I'M after some  response on the  way dredd helmet  gets drawn badly

listen guys  i just doodle occasionally first chance I've had since watching DREDD 3D
loved the movie  :D :D
BUT  GET THE  HELMET CORRECT PLEASE
sick of seeing  top heavy Dredd's... this is due to badly  drawn DREDD'S in 2000ad folks... Some crappy art droid want's serviced !!   listening THARG...
Im not the best  3d artist  .......  but were talking scale  and proportions !!!

radiator thats awsome  :o
goaty  yeah  this really bugs me   
  now im not the best artist in the world ....  :o  i think theyve got the helmets just about bang on for  judge minty

orlok_tzar

A couple more for you.

@Junox what did you create that in? Looking nice!

Rgds

LoK

junox

orlok_tzar

now that looks more realistic  for size that helmet looks great... is it from a kit or 3 d model ??
#
my effort is just a drawing in photoshop, then i made a low poly  3d model and textured with my drawing
i was hoping to export  the 3dfile into a 3d paper model  with pepakuru i used a free 3d model program called google sketchup 4
ill try and get a better render before i go with reflections and light

junox

here is a slightly better render  where the edit button

orlok_tzar

Hello there

It's all 3d. I wish I had a real one :)

I've not really played with sketchup, although I hear it's very powerful. Your Judge is far more "true" than mine!

Rgds

LoK

junox

Youve got some quality models there ... have you ever thought about animation ?
id love to make a virtual mega city-1, where you can add models, like Google maps 
a few years ago i tried to make  a mega city  1 for  GTA vice city  ... still under construct

----
I was just looking at the game engine for gta4 its very mod-able now, would be useful as an animator  maybe
ive seen a few editors for the  Game environment ....
your models are much higher poly i just draw by hand, so  they are basic LOW POLY

Woolly

Orlock_Tzar - theyre bloody lovely renders! Am i right in thinking that looks like 3DS Max?

Tried a 3D Dredd myself a few years back - had too many problems though and gave up.
This is as far as i got...

orlok_tzar

Hello there

Lovely Stuff!

Really nice characterisation indeed. You should finish it.

Here's a Psi Judge to test the badge. (Parrallel universe :) )

I cant keep my eyes off that chin. Splendid.

Rgds

LoK

Woolly

Quote from: orlok_tzar on 27 November, 2012, 09:17:48 PM
You should finish it.

Knocked 3D work on the head ages ago, it started melting my brain and my computer is, to be honest, utter crap!
Cheers for the comment though, appreciated  :)
And i'm loving just how natural you make your renders look - another thing i never got my head round!

orlok_tzar

Hello there

3d can be brain melty, I'm just a rank amateur but love my Dredd. I'm still tweaking the damn Lawmaster *I* know what I want to do but the daft software gets in the way.

I still reckon your Dredd Bust is worth resurrecting :)

Here's one I knocked up this eve. (I'm still preparing myself to make the eagle shoulderpad *shudder)

Rgds

LoK

CrazyFoxMachine

BACK TO 2D you amazing 3D gits ;)

It's Nich Angell's birthday. Nich Angell drew 7string. I drew someone from 7string for Nich Angell's birthday. Who's Nich Angell? This is Nich Angell. http://www.nichangell.co.uk/7STRING.html