Main Menu

The mark of a man...?

Started by thejudgemuffin, 17 February, 2010, 10:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejudgemuffin

So, after the whole standing on the plinth thing and a lot of reflection I decided to do something that I guess I've been considering for at least the last 13 years and deffo about another 10 before that...

My first and last...whaddya think?

PS: It's on the top of my arm so don't get freaked out with what you may be looking at...

Mike Gloady

Not something I would EVER conside myself, I just don't like the idea and, more often than not, I think they look unpleasant.

But if you're going to have one, I reckon a cool one like that, something that MEANS something to you, is the way to go.  Nice.  How long did it take.  
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

thejudgemuffin

I never would have considered it either to be honest but this year I've just fallen into the mindset of why not. We walk on this rock for a short time, let's be true to ourselves and just get on with it, before you know it it's al over. (Philosophy over...)

3 hours and there's about another half hour on it, and to be honest it didn't really hurt (not a macho thing, just the truth).

I've always said if I was getting one it'd be this but it's turned out better than I could ever have expected to be honest.

House of Usher

You didn't want your own surname on the badge?
STRIKE !!!

thejudgemuffin

8 letters long, I thought it too big, too many letters and if the guy had squeezed them on it wouldn't have looked right...The mantle is fine for me

johnnystress

I like it a lot! as someone with a 9 letter surname I think "Judge" was a great idea

Colin YNWA

Also if you put you're surname on it's kinda like saying you need reminding every now and then. Sure that will come in useful in a few years to many of us but for the time being Judge is a good idea.

Or in your case 'Plinth' cos its relevent and a great word.

Alski

I like it - the photo does look scarily like the top of a thigh though...  :D
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

brendan1

Hahahahahaha!

Oh. You're serious.

brendan1

On a more serious note, if I was mental enough to have one done, it would look a lot like that, because that actually *is* my surname.

COMMANDO FORCES

That looks great thejudgemuffin.
Can I ask you this one question, as my sniper eyes were drawn to one special part of the tattoo! Here goes..............At the top of your arm there appears to be a small cross, is that a marker to help get the badge central.
Eagle Eyes don't fail me now ;)

TordelBack

Careful man, CF's sharpening his skinning knife.  The Black Museum annex of the Cellar of Dredd must be fed.

COMMANDO FORCES

Er! thejudgemuffin, are you going to Hi-Ex! and if so do you need a lift >:D

thejudgemuffin

the green mark sure is making sure the whole thing stays in the centre...I really am not the the of guy to get this thing done but ya know...why not

Always wanted the badge and happy with it, although all the nappy rash cream to keep it moisturised is a bit of a pain for the first week.

Judge Plinth is a good idea, but the amount of people who have no idea about the plinth thing in the first place, well let's just say I'm sick of explaining it already, I don;t need a lifetime of it to continue...

Also, as a Krill tro Thargo, I felt it my duty to go above and beyond :)

vzzbux

An excellent tattoo. You say its your first and last, don't be too sure. To have a tattoo can be addictive.
From having my first tattoo, within 6 months I had another 6.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.