Main Menu

Prog One remake, care of Warren Ellis

Started by Ryan Thomason, 08 March, 2010, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 March, 2010, 12:25:08 AM
Ah, but "Ministry of Space" is fantastic. You don't have to like the author to like the work, thank God.

I find it hard to disassociate someone from their work.That was my point but that doesnt mean that i would spite their work.

I found that with Hollywood actors during the 2008 US elections.Their political endorsements put me off them for life.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

Drunk kitten herding?  Surely that should be the sport we introduce at London 2012. 

After all, if I'm paying for it and having my life made slightly awkward during the event, you're dang tootin' I'm going to want to have some sports that I actually WANT to see going on. 

Ellis wrote, as well as Ministry of Space, Transmetropolitan, FreakAngels (it's FREE you fools and comes in weekly 6 page episodes) and, ooooh, loads of other groovy stuff.  He also comes across as a grumpy twat on his own website, but he pays for the bandwith so I guess he's entitled to some degree.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Kev Levell

Howdy all, I just had a go at this...

...butchered from something I did previously, but worked well enough for me to submit!
Two things about this, 1. It's 1969 and 2. Dan Dare is a girl!
I hope you all like it!

The Legendary Shark

That's stunning. I've changed my mind, this is my favourite now!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mike Gloady

If I had the time I'd do this, as it stands I reckon us Twothers will be bringing our baggage of KNOWING what Twoth was and would later become to our versions of the cover.  The Americans are more able to just approach the idea from the point of view of the blurb.  Two different approaches to be sure, but both equally fun in different ways.

I reckon this really ought ot be an ongoing thing here.  

By the way, that's GREAT Kev.  Really good and works from both points of view.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Gibson Quarter

Kev that is awesome...top notch work! Hope Warren loves it!

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 12 March, 2010, 07:03:47 PM
If I had the time I'd do this, as it stands I reckon us Twothers will be bringing our baggage of KNOWING what Twoth was and would later become to our versions of the cover.  The Americans are more able to just approach the idea from the point of view of the blurb.  Two different approaches to be sure, but both equally fun in different ways.

I reckon this really ought ot be an ongoing thing here.

For that, see this:
http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,27856.msg498197.html#msg498197

One way or another we will make your dream happen. ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

vzzbux

I could never tire of that KevLev. My No1 so far.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Kev Levell

:-[ Aww, thanks everyone... really glad you liked it, BLOWN away that Warren Ellis did too!
Gonna have to go do something menial like clean the bog now, so I don't let it go to my head!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Danni Dares jump suit reminds me of Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. You've caught the Neo-retro look perfectly KevLev!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Bhuna

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Peter Wolf

I like the way that the cover is creased and worn on the edges as it makes it look authentic.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^