Main Menu

Prog One remake, care of Warren Ellis

Started by Ryan Thomason, 08 March, 2010, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Meamwhile, adding the the board's invasion of Warren's forum is this entry: design and artwork by Mr Gibson Quarter, (rushed) colours and typography by me ...

Cheers!

Jim

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Emperor

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 March, 2010, 04:58:53 PM
Meamwhile, adding the the board's invasion of Warren's forum is this entry: design and artwork by Mr Gibson Quarter, (rushed) colours and typography by me ...

There's a holey in my moley!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 March, 2010, 04:58:53 PM(rushed) colours and typography by me ...

Considering they are "rushed" that is some fine work (especially the metal effects in the Dan Dare panel) - another leap forward, doubly so when you take into account you were a nervous colourer only a scant few months ago.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Emperor on 13 March, 2010, 06:21:44 PM
Considering they are "rushed" that is some fine work (especially the metal effects in the Dan Dare panel) - another leap forward, doubly so when you take into account you were a nervous colourer only a scant few months ago.

TBH, and as I said to GQ, there's something to be said for being forced to stop -- I could have put another half a day into this, and I'm not convinced I would have added much more. I'd have liked to have to gone to town on a scaly texture for the dino, but otherwise I'm broadly happy with this effort.

Thank you for the kind words, Your Imperiousness.

Cheers!

Jim

Darren Stephens

Thats a great design there, too. I would so buy that. :)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

SuperSurfer

KevLev, Gibson Quarter/Jim. Those are excellentamundo.

Emperor

OK now the excitement is over is anyone up for the suggestions above: start a pretty open-ended challenge here where we show how we'd do prog 1 with all the restrictions Warner Ellis imposed removed? So you know what the contents actually are rather than going by vague descriptions.

Sooooooo you can do anything - imagine how you'd do if it was launched today, how you'd do it is it was a kid's comic or a girl's comic or try and imagine the least promising cover. You can pick who to feature on the front and write your own copy. You can even mess about with the line-up if you like (as if it was launched today or at any point in the past, it'd have different stories in it). The gloves are off and you can pretty much do anything (that is within the general forum guidelines of course, so you can't do anything that'd push the legal envelope and if it is NSFW then don't embed it add a link and give people fair warning), creators can team up or go solo, you can even draft in non-board members.

That kind of thing.

Thoughts?

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Emperor

Well that's one (and me clearly) - any more up for this?

Kev Levell

Emperor

Two. Ah ha ha.

This slow-mo counting is getting dull.