Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Dandontdare

Congratulations! May I suggest 'Tharg' if it's a boy?  ;)

Bolt-01

Richmond Clements

Banners

Ah, shucks - you guys are great. Thank you :-)

COMMANDO FORCES

Congratulations to you and your good lady.

Gotta ask, I see they do videos of the scans now, did you get one or doesn't your hospital do them. I'd have loved to have been able to get one of Sam but it wasn't available then ::)

Steve Green

Hawkmumbler

I, Cosh

Bloody hell. It only seems like last week we didn't get invited to the wedding.

Congratulations to you both.
We never really die.

Something Fishy

Banners

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES

Gotta ask, I see they do videos of the scans now, did you get one or doesn't your hospital do them. I'd have loved to have been able to get one of Sam but it wasn't available then ::)

Don'tknow about video, but I believe we can have a "4D" scan next time, where presumably the fourth dimension is movement (or reveals what Junior smells like).

Hawkmumbler

Scratch and sniff the ultrasound of an unborn fetus! :lol:

TordelBack

Quote from: Banners on 18 November, 2013, 02:14:36 PM... I believe we can have a "4D" scan next time, where presumably the fourth dimension is movement (or reveals what Junior smells like).

Luckily not the latter - plenty of time for that later.  We had a 4D scan thing for our youngest, it as as you suspect a 3D scan but with real-time movement, anf id you get it done they should be able to burn the 'footage' to DVD for you there and then.  Great fun to see the little wriggler mooning you or playing with itself.  Sets the proper tone for the next few decades.  Beware though, finding out the sex can be hard to avoid if you're playing wait-and-see before indulging in a frenzy of gender-role reinforcement.

My parents were horrified at the whole idea of scans, and could not be persuaded to watch the 4D video - apparently it 'ruined the surprise'.  Yeah, there were quite enough surprises without that one, thanks very much.

staticgirl

Congratulations to the Bannerses. And hurry for technology!

SuperSurfer

That's great news Banners. Possibly the best news possible.

My good news is we finally have ourselves our own house. Haven't moved in yet. Rather scary as it needs a lot of work, which will have to be done over years. But relieved we finally did it.