Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Tonight it's been announced that I've got a table at Cardiff Expo - where I'd been planning to debut the Psychedelic Journal of Time Travel. I got to it too late but gloriously they've found extra space.

PHEW. Not doing that again (again - nearly lost out on Thought Bubble) - lesson learned, I'm booking Bristol this weekend :P

Devons Daddy

Because its christmas, I met one of the creators of Planet Replicas,i really enjoyed meeting you mate!!  :) and I am hoping to find our awesome advent calendar.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

TordelBack

...Because the Tordeltree now stands fully erect and its glory is illuminated so that all may be amazed! 

Also, the first ritual watching of (you may want to avert your eyes for this bit, Small Blue Thing!) Nightmare Before Christmas has been completed, 'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer' has been re-memorised by the eldest,  the wife has commenced the manufacturing of this year's jars of strange garish 1970s sweets for presents, I have begun the construction of the boy's gifts, the Forum Advent Calendar is already breathtakingly brilliant, the wife and I have a shopping/lunching day-off booked for Tuesday which I fervently hope will include illicit afternoon rumpy, and Bad Santa is scheduled for 2000 hours. 

All that remains is the purchasing of Prog 2013 in 10 days time and it will be officially Christmas!

Trout

Well said that man! We've been drooling over Lego minifigs (God help us all but I think they have us in their thrall), then we came home and danced to Wizzard. I reckon we should have a Christmas tree pics thread. We haven't put ours up yet but it is always a magnificently tacky explosion in a toy shop.

- Trout

Richmond Clements

Because I'm on the airport bus and heading to Malta!

Dandontdare

I'm not at all jealous, I enjoy the cold and rain and don't actually like comic conventions.

Bastard.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 December, 2012, 09:04:55 AM
I'm not at all jealous, I enjoy the cold and rain and don't actually like comic conventions.

Bastard.

Well, there's always the wonderful CannyComicCon this weekend. I'm sure the weather will be similar...

TordelBack

Good man, Richmond. Do try to enjoy yourself, I know it'll be tough, wandering around King's Landing in the comparative warmth in between comics related chat'n'booze.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 December, 2012, 09:22:36 AM
Good man, Richmond. Do try to enjoy yourself, I know it'll be tough, wandering around King's Landing in the comparative warmth in between comics related chat'n'booze.
Yeah it will be, but sometimes you have to take one for the team.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richmond Clements

COMMANDO FORCES

We had our works Christmas meal the other night. Being paid to eat is great and I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

radiator

...because after five or six years of on and off attendance, my team finally won the brilliant (and incredibly hardcore) movie quiz held at my local cinema!

Six free tickets - a trip to see The Hobbit for all six team members - wicked! In your face, losers!

If you're in London and ever get the chance to attend a Bigger Boat Film Quiz (held at The Boogaloo in Highgate, The Attic in Hackney and The Ritzy in Brixton every month) do it! It's a fantastic night out. Especially if you win...

SmallBlueThing

Today i chucked out eight black sacks' worth of accumulated crap from our bedroom and my eldest son's. Also six recycling bags full of old mouldy books (inc signed first edition Campbells, Herberts, Barkers, Atkins and Lumley) and hundreds of the boys old dr who and scooby doo comics- as well as a huge pile of shitty 'Quality Comics' Rogue Trooper and Dredd american monthlies (if he moans, i'll buy him the rebellion trades). Seems i like chucking stuff out at least as much as i like collecting it! Im now eyeing boxes of my comics and my dr who books bookcase with expectant glee... and wondering which of them i ACTUALLY want to keep. By my reckoning, the early Targets and the complete run of 'NEW' and 'MISSING' Adventures Virgin novels. Maybe some of the early annuals, the dalek books and annuals, the 70s 'monster book' and a handful of later BBC novels- mostly the hartnell ones, lawrence miles' few and the ones by steve lyons.

It's all very liberating to think i could easily throw away 80% of (cont)

SmallBlueThing

(cont) what i own- across the board- and not miss it. In fact, feel better to see the back of it. The feeling i got when i cleared a few square feet of carpet in our bedroom was close to ecstacy. Fuck books- fuck em all to heck.

SBT