Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Amazing news Albion. I hope she continues to do well for many years to come.

COMMANDO FORCES

TordelBack

Quote from: Albion on 06 March, 2013, 08:26:16 PM
My sister-in-law, who was told about a year ago she probably only had six months left to live, went to the hospital today to be told that both her brain tumours have shrunk and her cancer is now in remission.

Great to hear this, Albion, really great.

Spikes

Aye, that is indeed great news. Brilliant stuff.

Albion

Thanks everyone.

I'm especially happy for my niece.
She is 18 this month and has lived with her mothers ill health for most of her young life as well as my brother and her Mum splitting up 8 years ago. She has coped extremely well with it all and is an inspiration. I'm pleased that they can enjoy some good news for a change and this surely gives them more time together that they richly deserve.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Link Prime

Always great to hear a good news story Albion. Nice one.

Link Prime

...Beacause by the time most of ye are turning over in bed (4am) meself & Mrs. Prime will be leaving for a flight to the sunnier climes of Malta for a long weekend of good eatin & drinkin (and if I play my cards right a bit of you-know-what)!
G'night!  :)

maryanddavid

Great news Albion, and Nice on Link, Malta is supposed to be lovely.

David

Mardroid

Quote from: maryanddavid on 07 March, 2013, 10:33:03 PM
Great news Albion, and Nice on Link, Malta is supposed to be lovely.

I've been there. An interesting place. In a good way I mean...

Mikey

Quote from: Link Prime on 07 March, 2013, 09:58:21 PM
(and if I play my cards right a bit of you-know-what)!

Ho ho! I know what you mean, I've done that on holiday too! The old 'there's a comic shop near your hotel and the Mrs doesn't know anything about it' maneuver, eh? Sneaky!

Plus Albion: thumbs truly aloft, really great to hear.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Link Prime

Quote from: Mikey on 08 March, 2013, 09:43:44 AM

Ho ho! I know what you mean, I've done that on holiday too! The old 'there's a comic shop near your hotel and the Mrs doesn't know anything about it' maneuver, eh? Sneaky!

M.
:lol:
I've already sneaked IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classics Vol1 and Prog 1822 when she nodded off last night!
Shame I've already read Joe Casey's latest from Image.

Minkyboy

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

mogzilla

Quote from: Mikey on 08 March, 2013, 09:43:44 AM

Plus Albion: thumbs truly aloft, really great to hear.

M.

i always check out wherever were going for a comic shop as it makes looking round endless gift shops bearable and a bit of research pays off

JayzusB.Christ

I visited my brother in Leicester this weekend, and went with him and some mates to 2.8 Hours Later, a shit-scary city-wide game in Nottingham involving a simulated zombie apocalypse.  The weather was truly apocalyptic too, which just added to the atmosphere.  Two of the best and pantshittingest moments:

1. We find a woman crying and screaming, over her dead husband who lying in a pile of his own brains on the bonnet of a crashed car beside her.  He inevitably reanimates and then chases us through a whole slew of the undead fuckers who had been hiding in the alcoves of the walls of the street.

2. We come across a van, whose driver tells us that they have zombies in the back to be taken away for experimentation.  The back door suddenly opens and again we are thrown into the middle of a zombie horde.

Anyway, we spent the next night in a log cabin in a snow-filled woods - after a cross-country trek to a pub with nice ales, food and open fires,  we got back, got the log stove going and spent the night boozing. 

Life is drokking fantastic, it truly is
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"