Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Movie Four is showing this and Dredd and Futureshock!
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 04 April, 2016, 04:50:23 PM
Movie Four is showing this and Dredd and Futureshock!
Tonight? I'll have to get the beers in early then...

Dunk!

A much awaited copy of Sooner or Later has plonked down in my workplace and it's glorious.

Due to the lack of reprinting over the intervening years the pages feel fresh yet familiar, like meeting an old much-loved friend and discovering your memories of them are as good as the reality - got the same feeling when I ordered a copy of Metalzoic off Ebay.

Brendan McCarthy loveliness, followed by Hewlett during his "The best Tank Girls" period, with one of my fav 2000ad writers in tow.

More of this type of thing!

Overly-gushing Dunk!
"Trust we"

Satanist

Cheers, didnt know that was out and is now bought! Woo-hoo!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ming

Quote from: Dunk! on 07 April, 2016, 12:21:52 PM
A much awaited copy of Sooner or Later has plonked down in my workplace and it's glorious.

Due to the lack of reprinting over the intervening years the pages feel fresh yet familiar, like meeting an old much-loved friend and discovering your memories of them are as good as the reality - got the same feeling when I ordered a copy of Metalzoic off Ebay.

Brendan McCarthy loveliness, followed by Hewlett during his "The best Tank Girls" period, with one of my fav 2000ad writers in tow.

More of this type of thing!

Overly-gushing Dunk!

I'm still a bit peeved that Riot / Tony Wright didn't get a credit on the cover or a mention on any blurb I've seen - a bit of a shame since he contributed rather a lot to this (check the credit boxes).  Great to see this collected, though.

Something Fishy

Because what was though to be the same eye disability as my dad has proven to be a deep staph infection that had been completely missed (it's been building up since 08 when I had surgery).

It means my eyes are wide open and working again.  I'm driving, using my pc as much as I like, messing around with code, playing games and helping out with various code schools.  I've not been this pain free in years.

It's a massive pain I gave up my job for the wrong reason but I would not have got to here without doing so probably.  It's hugely positive that I am getting well and can work again and now can try to get my career in software back on track.

Wish me luck finding work peeps.

maryanddavid

Go Fishy! Whats for you wont go by you, best of luck getting a new job!

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Something Fishy

Thanks guys.

That's a good way of seeing it M&D.  Fingers crossed.

von Boom

Great news Fishy! Good luck finding that job!

Something Fishy

Thanks Boom.  Yeah it's going to take a while I think.  At least I am able to do so though, that's huge.

The Legendary Shark

You don't need luck, Fishy - just spin your recovery as a triumph of will over adversity and you'll be a shoe-in! I'm properly happy to hear you're pain-free, that is huge good news. Onwards and upwards and my best wishes for the future.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

Amazing stuff—all the best for what comes next.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Something Fishy on 09 April, 2016, 06:25:46 PM
It means my eyes are wide open and working again.  I'm driving, using my pc as much as I like, messing around with code, playing games and helping out with various code schools.  I've not been this pain free in years.

That's the most amazingly good news. Very best of luck with the job hunting.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.