Main Menu

The Zarjaz & Dogbreath Thread.

Started by Bolt-01, 09 July, 2010, 11:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Looks like our Bill and that young Zenith lad....

Bolt-01

Montynero

CrazyFoxMachine

Did a review on my personal blog because:

a) I love Zarjaz
b) There are very few decent small press review blogs and I think as a medium self published comics deserve attention and respect and there's nothing more respectful than a constructive review. Shows you've read it and thought about it.

Short version: Get Haward doing more covers/stories, get Mick "Blackmocco" Cassidy doing a long form comic as his storytelling and art are outrageous, sneakily replace Alan Grant with Lee Robson & Dunk Nimmo and Anderson would be great again.

You want the moon on a stick, don't you Owen. The moon on a stick.

Bolt-01

Hi Owen, I'll answer points as I can for you.

The Zarjaz logo for issue 16 was by the wonderful Mike Carroll. The man is a genius.
If you check the blog for the 'In the Zone' story- the older chapters are all on there to be read. I'm still waiting for the last chapter to be written... Yeah, Mike- lookin' at you!

BlackMocco will indeed be back and there is a very long in the development strip from Robson & Nimmo that I'm looking forward to.

CrazyFoxMachine

Looking forward to that - !

I've updated the blog to reflect Mr Carroll designing the logo and the fact that In the Zone 1 & 2 are online - an elegant and generous solution to the multiple parts problem!

Dunk!

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 25 October, 2013, 01:01:38 PM
very long in the development strip

Oh sweet holy blimey yes.

Apologies.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Bolt-01

No need to apologise, just make it more awesome.

btw- new Zarjaz next week. Previews soon and then you'll realise why we call it Zarjaz!

hendersong

Daft question from a noob...are the stories in Zarjaz ongoing or can I pick up the latest issue and not have to worry about having no idea what's going on?

Bolt-01

Not a daft question at all.

At Zarjaz we 'try' to have no ongoing serials. If a story has multiple parts we will do our best to have the whole thing in a single issue.

The way we see it is that even at three times a year- serials in SP books are hellish to run. All too often real life gets in the way.

So if you want to try an issue, Zarjaz 19 should be on sale this time next week (Printer and webmeister permitting) so you'll be able to try an issue yourself.

Proudhuff

you really should start pimping that....

;)
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Available now- Zarjaz 19

Behind the cover by Simon Fraser, Peeps the droid brings more thrills lifted from the thought processes of the Mighty One Himself.
This issue we present:

Strips:

A.B.C. Warriors- Hammerstein: It's All In The Programming 7 pages by writer Steven Denton and artist Crow.

Balls Bros: Big in the 90's. 5 pages by writer David Withers   and artist Jerome Canty.

Judge Dredd: Collectors Market. 5 pages by writer Lee Robson and artist Stephen Downey   

Tales of Mega-City One: A Hanging Door 5 pages by writer Shaun Avery and artist Nathan Webb   

Tales of Mega-City One: Baby Jays: Destiny's Plaza. 18 pages by writers Alistair Maclean & Richard Swabey and artist David Broughton   

Still only £3.00, from the FQP Webshop! you don't deserve it.

Bolt-01

Available now- DROKK

Every now and then we at Zarjaz are pitched a story we can't really do in Zarjaz proper, for many, many reasons. This is a collection of stories that either could not, or should not exist. It is also one of the finest issues we have ever compiled. Warning- This comic may hurt you:

Strips:

Judge Death- Personal Business. 5 pages by writer Richard McAuliffe and artist Roland Bird

Kingdom. 3 pages by writer Richard McAuliffe and artist Roland Bird.

M.A.C.H. 3- Conflagration. 3 pages by writer Derek Hamill and artist John Hutcheson   

Mechanismo. 12 pages by writer Derek Hamill and artist Mike Bunt   

Robo-Hunter- Slade B.C.P.D. 8 pages by writer Dirk Van Dom and artist Mike Bunt

Rogue Trooper- I Am Mad But North North West. 5 pages by writer Dan Hill and artist David Broughton   

Savage/Zenith. 6 pages by writer Chris Denton and artist Dave Frankum

Add to this a superb look at the creation of the book's cover and this would be superb value if we demanded double for it, however you can get it for only £3.00 in print from the FQP webshop or for £2.00 as a digital download from Comicsy!