Main Menu

2000AD Aug/Sept Art Comp: We're All Going On A…

Started by Jim_Campbell, 16 August, 2010, 03:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt Rhodes

Quote from: Buttonman on 24 September, 2010, 01:29:25 AM
Quote from: Judge Olde on 24 September, 2010, 12:58:32 AM
We all know who won already & out of interest who chooses?
Can I be controvertial and suggest that only entrants can vote? That'd weedle out these sideline naysayers!

Aww don't do that. We're not all naysayers.
Don't make it an elite entrants only thing.
And it's far from a done deal Judge Old, you'd be amazed how much beauty (or comic art) is in the eye of the beholder.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Buttonman on 24 September, 2010, 01:29:25 AM
Can I be controvertial and suggest that only entrants can vote? That'd weedle out these sideline naysayers!

TBH, there's only one sideline naysayer and, frankly, he's been nothing but a whining shitbag since he migrated here from 2000AD review. Put the cockmonkey on ignore and be done with it.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

And a quick reminder that we close at midnight*, folks!

Better get those last-minute entries in!

Cheers

Jim

*Although, I'm out of the house early tomorrow and won't be back until mid-afternoon, so you could probably sneak something in in the morning. ;-)

SuperSurfer

Jim_Campbell

Cool! BTW, is that Blambot's Web Letterer, there, Surfer?

Cheers!

Jim

SuperSurfer

Thanks. Yes, it's Web Letterer. Not bad for a freebie font I reckon. My first attempt to add speech bubbles in Illustrator. I usually very lazily do these small bits in Photoshop. This time I referred to your very helpful guide (so cheers again for making that available). I tried a curved tail but couldn't make it work. Having seen that Annie Parkhouse and Ellie de Ville use straight tails, I stuck to that.  

CrazyFoxMachine

Excellent SuperSurfer - halftone and lettering work really well - A curved tail would've looked odd there anyway  - !

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 26 September, 2010, 09:07:28 PM
Thanks. Yes, it's Web Letterer. Not bad for a freebie font I reckon. My first attempt to add speech bubbles in Illustrator.

It's nice work. It's always interesting to see these fonts in use -- you can't get a proper sense of 'em from the samples on the Blambot and Comicraft sites.

Cheers!

Jim

Cthulouis

Dredd buried up to his head in the sand (with ultra realistic birds and everything):

Darren Stephens

........and the tides coming in, by the looks of things.  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

LARF

LMAO @ Cthulouis' pic - who'd dare bury Dredd in the sand  :lol:

Lovely retro pulp feel on Sin Dex SuperSurfer - love the halftone. I used the Blambot fonts recently on the G-Team job we did with Kevlev, really great and well thought out fonts, also beautifully kerned - which makes the job a lot easier.

I decided to have bum fun with Mrs LARF instead, so no chance of a Flash version this weekend and no butter on my pack-up sarnies today  :)

Jim_Campbell

Voting thread will be delayed, unfortunately. I'm attempting to letter the worst-laid-out book that I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Suffice to say that when the page rate is expressed as an hourly rate, I'm quite a long way short of minimum wage.

Gaah!

Jim

TordelBack

Quote from: LARF on 27 September, 2010, 09:25:59 AM
I decided to have bum fun with Mrs LARF instead, so no chance of a Flash version this weekend and no butter on my pack-up sarnies today  :)

Way too much info there, Marlon Brando.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]