Main Menu

The return of Gerry Finley-Day and Rogue Trooper

Started by Trout, 07 September, 2010, 01:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Pat Mills has posted this on Facebook:

Delighted to tell you that Gerry Finley-Day's Rogue Trooper, Dead Ringer - a one-off ten-page - has been accepted by 2000AD.

No details as yet as to artist.  When it appears, if you like it, do write in to the forum and say!  Let's encourage Gerry to write more, and reverse some dodgy past history!

I have clicked "like". I'm up for it!

SCROTNIG!

- Trout

Proudhuff

Huzzah!
If only Greoge Coleman's Rogue Trooper story had been published in the next Zarjaz picking the artist would have been a doddle!!
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Stak!  That's news and then some!  (knowing Kennedy is out of the running, prays extra hard to the FSM for Gibbons on art - failing that, Patrick Goddard)

JOE SOAP

They always come back. Let's get Gibbo for old times.

maryanddavid

Class, Goddard would be good PJ too, Dillon for me would be the best, not much hope of that.

David

radiator

Dark Jimbo

Cam K would be my ideal choice, but I know he's wound down his comic involvement - Nick Dyer's a good call, his Zarjaz Rogues were lurverly.
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

I'd like to see Dyer on almost anything, but for some reason not this.  GFD's Nu-Earth itself is one big pun, and half-naked Rogue talking to hi gear is just this side of funny, so the art itself has to be po-faced and gritty, and even allowing for his Zarjaz stuff the more exaggerated aspect of Dyer's work might push it over the edge into farce.  Please note:  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with 'cartoony' - I love Nick Dyer's work, his Dredd is top-notch.

EDIT: Anyone fancy Chris Weston?  A chance for him to draw some real Rogue?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 September, 2010, 02:01:56 PM
Cam K would be my ideal choice, but I know he's wound down his comic involvement -

Well, Cam saw George's Rogue strip at Hi-Ex and praised it: 'aye, no bad, no bad at all' which is priase indeed fi the Mighty Cam!
DDT did a job on me

Van Dom

Awesome news! Best news I've had all day actually (that will tell you I've been having a pretty bad day!)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Bolt-01

Surely this is going to end up is the Year-end Prog? And I'd put in for either George Coleman or Steve Denton for this. Hi fridge magnet work was good enough for Comic Heroes to nick...

ming

Great news!  How about Colin Wilson on art duties?  He's been active on Dredd in the Meg lately and it would be fantastic to see him back on Rogue.  Hmmm...

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dash Decent

More Rogue!  Yes!

Does this mean they'll have to do a new Rogue Trooper casefiles to include it in?

Tharg, just give Cam Kennedy a wodge of A3 or larger and tell him one panel a page!  That should take care of any eyestrain troubles.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

GordonR

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 September, 2010, 02:41:21 PM
More Rogue!  Yes!

Does this mean they'll have to do a new Rogue Trooper casefiles to include it in?

Tharg, just give Cam Kennedy a wodge of A3 or larger and tell him one panel a page!  That should take care of any eyestrain troubles.

If you knew anything about Cam's situation, you'd hopefully realise how fucking tastless that last sentence really is.