Main Menu

Rufus Dayglo Tank Girl Q&A

Started by Noisybast, 05 October, 2010, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Kinda sorry I linked it, now...  ::)
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Alski

Quote from: Fatboydale on 05 October, 2010, 09:07:23 PM

Tank girl fucking crap .... see i was nice , i could have been worse ... ;)

But did you appreciate Rufus' art?

I didn't LOVE TG, but I really likes his art. Okay, he was definitely riffing on Alan Martin, but he was bloody good at it.

It's a short interview (and we don't know if anything was cut) and he comes accross very well.

Good on yer Rufus. Tank Girl hate is not the same as Rufus hate. Rufus is awesome.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

M.I.K.

What the hell are you lot talking about? He mentions 2000ad three flippin' times in an interview with 12 questions! That's a quarter of his responses in which 2000ad is mentioned!

PAY ATTENTION!!!

Noisybast

Actually, the more I think about this, the more it irks me. Do you ever stop bloody moaning, Dale? Tank Girl's shit, 3A are shit, what, did Ashley Wood and Rufus call you names when you were five? Get some fucking perspective and stop being such a bloody whiner!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

TordelBack

This continues to be something I don't understand.  When you look back on the long history of the Meg, how can anyone be so obsessively negative about Tank Girl's presence?  Even if the character wasn't your thing it was just a handful of always-gorgeous pages in a largish anthology.  I never cared for the character before, but the breezy charm of the Meg strips won me over.

Rufus is a terrific artist in the very best 2000AD tradition, and it annoys me greatly that he's come away from this with such a negative opinion of online readers, but reading this thread I truly can't blame him.  I'd be very sorry if we didn't see more from the man who gave us 'Streets of Dan Francisco'.  

James Stacey

Which is more the pity because there was little or no criticism of the art, it was pretty much universally praised, it was just the bobbins scripting that was so arse. For the record I loved the first Tankie GN when it came out. It doesn't hold up well to rereading now though.

Hoagy

Wow. It took 15 minutes from Matt's good will post to another session of laying into Tank Girl. Just as rufus is reconciling with his differences about 2000ad readership and working for 2000ad. Classy. Very classy.

Oh, I forget. That's what the internet's for. And people who'd rather not comment are being forced to hold a mirror up to these slaggings so that the board can remain a place of respect.

Wow. Diabolical.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Krombasher on 06 October, 2010, 10:15:25 AM
Wow. It took 15 minutes from Matt's good will post to another session of laying into Tank Girl. Just as rufus is reconciling with his differences about 2000ad readership and working for 2000ad. Classy. Very classy.

Oh, I forget. That's what the internet's for. And people who'd rather not comment are being forced to hold a mirror up to these slaggings so that the board can remain a place of respect.

Wow. Diabolical.

Yup.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Fatboydale on 05 October, 2010, 09:07:23 PM
How i would like to join in this thread , but the wife said i should try to be nice ....

Tank girl fucking crap .... see i was nice , i could have been worse ... ;)

Rufus is a wonderful man and a wonderful artist.

FBD, let's see your output so we can compare and contrast  ::)
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Noisybast on 06 October, 2010, 09:52:36 AM
Actually, the more I think about this, the more it irks me. Do you ever stop bloody moaning, Dale?

To be fair, the Fatboydale charm offensive has other items in its arsenal, including threatening other boarders and, having been warned about that, complaining about being bullied whilst making a veiled threat to another boarder, me, and then following it up with a less veiled threat by PM and harassment on Facebook.

So, yeah, a real force for good on this board, our boy Dale.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

You'd think that as a fellow comic art collector he might have a liking for Rufus...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 06 October, 2010, 11:16:29 AM
he might have a liking for Rufus...

Why? Does Rufus look like a pie?

Cheers!

Jim

Steve Green

Is this thread some kind of retaliation for the outbreak of goodwill in the Secret Project?

Depressing.

Wake

I don't think Dale deserves to be singled out in this thread. Several people expressed negative opinions about Tank Girl and/or her current creators. If this thread continues to car crash it will be locked.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Wake on 06 October, 2010, 03:47:19 PM
I don't think Dale deserves to be singled out in this thread.

Sorry. Should I start a new one specially?

Jim