Main Menu

Brendan McCarthy art sale

Started by Emperor, 08 December, 2010, 03:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

QuoteBrendan: "GIVE THE GIFT OF WEIRDNESS THIS CHRISTMAS!

The comic book art dealer Albert Moy has acquired a large cache of my art from all periods of my career. It includes outtakes from my DC SOLO book, Marvel's FEVER, character designs like The Spark and Battery Girl, some great concept art for a Beatles' project and many other rare and bizarre pieces.

He's doing an online sale of the work, on the run up to Christmas.

Below, two sheets previewing some of the art for sale. This is a real one-off, as this stuff will never be available again.

Contact Santa Claus at: www.albertmoy.com

Merry Christmas!"

Couple of panels of example art:

http://strangenessofbrendanmccarthy.blogspot.com/2010/12/give-gift-of-weirdness-this-xmas.html

Albert Moy page:

http://www.albertmoy.com/ArtistGalleryTitles.asp?ArtistId=741

But it might be you have to contact them directly.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Emperor on 08 December, 2010, 03:25:51 AM

Albert Moy page:

http://www.albertmoy.com/ArtistGalleryTitles.asp?ArtistId=741

But it might be you have to contact them directly.

Yeah nowt showing at the moment but there is a rather lovely splash page from his Flash story in 'Solo'. Alas a little out of my price range still if someone has £550 burning a hole in their pocket they could do worse.

http://www.albertmoy.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=8727&ArtistId=741&Details=0&From=TDetail&Mag=Solo-+The+Flash+-Fragment

ming

I asked Albert about the McCarthy stuff a few days back, and it seems he's having computer issues so it may be a while before anything gets listed on the website.  I can post back here if and when it gets fixed.  I'm sure there'll be some very tempting stuff...

Meanwhile, I picked up this McCarthy page from eBay for 90-odd quid yesterday... I do love a bargain. :)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 08 December, 2010, 11:03:05 AM

Meanwhile, I picked up this McCarthy page from eBay for 90-odd quid yesterday... I do love a bargain. :)

Bargain indeed bloody hell that's superb.

Large48

So that was you Ming....................  >:(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

ming

Yeah, sorry.  It's gone to a good home, though!  If it's any consolation (it probably isn't) it went for a lot less than I bid :o

I don't pick up much via eBay, but I can't resist those McCarthy charms...

Anyway, still no sign of new McCarthy on Albert's website, but hopefully some stuff going up before Christmas.

Dunk!

Ming + more McCarthy = Boo!

Dunk! - Raising the level of discussion in his wake.
"Trust we"

ming

New art now up, folks!

I've enquired about a couple of pages from the latest Dredd, but as far as I know it's still all up for grabs, along with a load of other stuff.

Good luck, fellow McCarthy-chasers!

:)

Colin YNWA

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't think I'd be able to afford anything but looked for lookings sake and lol and behold there one page, no Dredd alas, from the current story that was too good and too cheap to turn down. Fingers crossed I'm the first to ask for it. Guess I just bought a Christmas present to myself!

ming

Fingers crossed for you, Colin.

Some pretty reasonable prices for the Dredd pages... Spider Man / Fever and large colour pieces are more pricey, but lovely.  I was hoping for a few more Artoons or maybe (unrealistically) some old Strange Days / Freakwave / Paradax bits and bobs...  One day!

Meanwhile, there's some great stuff on offer and it's a rare treat for McCarthy fans.  Nice even to see this stuff out there really.

Colin YNWA

Oh yeah should echo what Ming says about the Dredd pieces not being unreasonably priced. They are very good value and not at all expensive, but with a little 'un running around the house I have to be careful and the piece I asked for as as low as $50 (plus postage) and quite frankly wonderful.

This stuff is definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a bargain.

Colin YNWA

Well dagnabbit the page I wanted has been ordered already, I'm casting a suspicious eye at you Ming, you are merciless after all. So now resisting temptation to order another page to make up for it.

So basically if you want one of these hurry up as they are going fast.

ming

Ooops... :-[  If it was me, sorry Colin...  I just jumped at my two favourite pages thinking I might already be too late anyway.  I've just dealt with Albert's invoice and shipping was as much as the cheap page!

Anyway, still quite a bit more Dredd there by the looks of it.  Also, going by the 'preview' montage linked at the start of the thread, there will be quite a bit more stuff to come in future (we've only seen part of the ~100 pieces mentioned).

Buddy

Some real nice pages there and I'd get a few if the postage wasn't so much.

An extra $50 just pushes it out of my price range.

ming

Maybe worth seeing if any other UK boardies want to get pages, have them sent in one batch and distribute them afterwards?  (I'm in Norway, sorry otherwise I'd be happy to take care of this.)