Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Matt Timson on 24 August, 2011, 07:39:58 PM
And that's not me being snippy, by the way. Apologies if it reads that way.

My only question to that would be how do you know when he -the clock- is right?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 24 August, 2011, 07:07:37 PM"Anyone who refers to an Alex Jones site for news/facts/debate is immediately discredited and that's Jones' fault." I think that's a rather sweeping and unfair statement

When the messenger deliberately lies to make their point -and the Watchmen thing is the most trivial of some of his lies/looseness with facts- I think that's no one's fault but their own and I don't see how anyone can defend that. Then the question is how can anyone trust the editorial he produces? If someone get's their facts honestly but with good intentions, wrong, it's an error in communication and fair enough but premeditated distortion of facts in a journalistic context is completely different and no matter who the person is or what experience they have, if they don't aspire to some standard of at the very least honesty in the 'public service' they perform, what is the point other than their own self-aggrandisement? Do you think Jones would ever fall on his journalistic sword?

If you advocate the journalistic standards of Jones you may as well be an advocate for Rupert Murdoch or Piers Morgan.

Emperor

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 August, 2011, 05:20:43 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 24 August, 2011, 04:57:10 PM

The plot of Watchmen is NWO propaganda - but that doesn't make Alan Moore a propagandist any more than it makes J.K. Rowling a wizard. In fact, the "alien threat" idea has been bubbling under recently - as in Watchmen - a staged alien attack forming the excuse to consolidate world power.

I know where it originates from, an epsiode of the Outer Limits 'the Architects of Fear' which was then adopted by the Rand corp. for one of their think-tank papers, but how do you go from that to Alan Moore  being a Mason and really what purpose does it serve except as deliberate disinfo?

Yeah I was a bit mystified by that as Moore's work is, on the face of it, anti-Masonic and I can find no evidence that he has said he is a Freemason, I can't really think it is his cup of tea (and vice versa).

The real problem is this kind of thing gets very circular in modern times, the reason it contains conspiratorial and occult themes and imagery is because he has been inspired by the literature (V for Vendetta seems to draw on a section in RAW's Illimunatus Trilogy, for example). It is like claiming Grant Morrison was paid by the CIA to write The Invisibles, so all the information was out there as fiction and it could then discredit conspiracy theories, when the truth is he was drawing on a lot of the same conspiracy literature as they were (or so the CIA would like you to think ;) ). Trying to highlight conspiracies in the X-Files is so recursive I'm surprised anyone trying doesn't collapse into a black hole.

To be honest I had trouble concentrating as he kept stopping midway through a sentence, making my check to see if the video had stopped, or if he'd had a stroke line on air.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Matt Timson

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 August, 2011, 07:46:14 PM
Quote from: Matt Timson on 24 August, 2011, 07:31:36 PMGenuine question, btw. If anybody has any info, I'm all ears.

Well the first point would be Fukushima/Northern Japan is/was a more densely inhabited place with a lot of localised agriculture and fishing. Fukushima is constantly leaking radiation of various kinds -cesium et al- that at the moment is equivalent to 29 Hiroshimas entering the sea, land and water table. It's also in danger of 'China Syndrome', burning through the ground-casing into the earth. There's also the problem of not being able to stay near the reactor for more than a few minutes or your toast so it's extremely hard to contain it once it's out.

Okay- thanks. That does seem pretty bleak.
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Sorry my reply is on the middle of yours- can't do anything about it.
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 August, 2011, 07:47:29 PM
Quote from: Matt Timson on 24 August, 2011, 07:39:58 PM
And that's not me being snippy, by the way. Apologies if it reads that way.

My only question to that would be how do you know when he -the clock- is right?

Well two can play at that. How do you know that he lies all the time? 

I think he's seriously full of shit most of the time- but to discredit anything and everything coming from his site just because it IS from his site is no less blinkered than ignoring 'facts' from political parties or newspapers that you don't agree with. Even The Sun gets it right sometimes.
Pffft...

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Matt Timson on 25 August, 2011, 09:33:50 AMWell two can play at that. How do you know that he lies all the time?

Thanks, that's my point, you can't trust what he says/publishes at any time when it's a deliberate mix of both, so telling the 'truth' is not particularly what he's interested in nor is it a good thing to refer to his site for news.

Proudhuff

so in FACT he's 'The Man' and he's telling us the NWO's plan so it's discredited as a double bluff hidden in plain sight! genius! No wonder they rule us...
DDT did a job on me

JOE SOAP

No, it's how he manages to fill 4 hours of air-time everyday and makes his money.

Emperor

Quote from: Matt Timson on 25 August, 2011, 09:28:26 AM
Sorry my reply is on the middle of yours- can't do anything about it.

Fixed it.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Proudhuff

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 25 August, 2011, 12:59:57 PM
No, it's how he manages to fill 4 hours of air-time everyday and makes his money.

yeah? you're just saying that cause it's true and you work for the man ( I think I'm getting the hang of this)
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

This is what Google is for - to check the sources people like Alex Jones quotes for yourself. Just like we all check what the BBC says to make sure that's true as well.

You know whether the broken clock is right or not by Googling "What time is it?" It's not rocket surgery, is it?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 August, 2011, 12:56:39 PM
so in FACT he's 'The Man' and he's telling us the NWO's plan so it's discredited as a double bluff hidden in plain sight! genius! No wonder they rule us...

Damn sneaky those lizards.  All that stuff with the tails.

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 August, 2011, 01:45:26 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 August, 2011, 12:56:39 PM

Damn sneaky those lizards.  All that stuff with the tails.

Listen, the man has shown us...

That's the queen mum that is
DDT did a job on me

Zarjazzer

I welcome our new tyrant lizard overtypes and if they're looking for a back-stabbing, sell out -informer nark, well they need look no further than this forum. and it's most degenerate er popular member (oo-er missus) who's name begins with Z.

Modesty forbids me from naming him in full but all I can say is HAIL LIZARDS!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.