Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Good to hear it turned out okay for you, Tankie :)

It's a bit different for me. Mental health seems to be a target for cuts. I've also filled in all the forms but they don't seem to have read them and the situation's going all dark and spikey - just in time for Christmas.

Anyhoo. At least I'm still breathing, right? So there's that.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

SpetsnaZ99

You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

The Legendary Shark

I'll never be a fan of the forced mass-medication of populations. First they want us to drink fluoride to protect our teeth, now they want us all on lithium as well. Maybe they should put Ambre Solaire in the water supply to protect us from sunburn, too. How about Gaviscon to stop us getting indegestion or flavourings to encourage more kids to drink the stuff? Or, and this is just my crazy idea, we could make sure our water supplies are the purest they can be for everyone's benefit, hire more good doctors and leave the drugs in the pharmacies for those who need them. Call me old fashioned, I know.

Although, I must thank this article for making me aware of the fantastically named "Irish Association of Suicidology".
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton

"I feel like Obama's an Illuminati puppet... it's basically dragged this country down into the worst it's ever been. The White House used to be, everybody looked up at the White House and America and everything, and now I think it's like a house of shame."

-The guy from Korn.

Roger Godpleton

SmallBlueThing

Tankie, Shark- everyone in my care, be they living in residential or supported independent or at home has had their benefits frozen or cut. Everyone now has to pay a 'fair contribution' to their own care (meaning frozen benefits are given, then clawed back with the other hand) with threats of legal action if this isnt paid. One to one hours have been cut drastically as well, and more people are being forced out of residential care and into supported living becauee the staffing support costs are so much lower, whether they are ready and able or not.

Social Care has seen its funding cut and frozen across the board, denying service users the level of support they have, up to this year, come to expect. I havent had a pay rise in three years because of this.

SBT

JOE SOAP

I  wonder how this will effect Cybie2000's plastic-fantastic collection.

Emperor

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 03 December, 2011, 04:35:00 PM

I'll never be a fan of the forced mass-medication of populations. First they want us to drink fluoride to protect our teeth, now they want us all on lithium as well. Maybe they should put Ambre Solaire in the water supply to protect us from sunburn, too. How about Gaviscon to stop us getting indegestion or flavourings to encourage more kids to drink the stuff? Or, and this is just my crazy idea, we could make sure our water supplies are the purest they can be for everyone's benefit, hire more good doctors and leave the drugs in the pharmacies for those who need them. Call me old fashioned, I know.

Although, I must thank this article for making me aware of the fantastically named "Irish Association of Suicidology".

Thing is lithium occurs naturally in drinking water, it is what inspired this study in the first place:

QuoteIn 1990, a study in 27 counties in Texas found lower rates of not only suicide but also homicide and rape in those where the drinking water contained lithium. In 2009, research in Japan found lower suicide rates in areas with lithium in the water.

www.guardian.co.uk/environment/shortcuts/2011/dec/05/should-we-put-lithium-in-water

So it isn't like people are suggesting adding anything toxic and unnatural to the water - if the idea is to bring the levels of Lithium in drinking water up to the natural occurring amounts in places this appears to be beneficial, then I wouldn't have a problem with that. My grandfather was given lithium (and some ECT) and it completely changed him for the better, the only pity was it didn't happen sooner.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 13 November, 2011, 01:20:29 PMThe first occurrence of fluoridated drinking water on Earth was found in Germany's Nazi prison camps. The Gestapo had little concern about fluoride's supposed effect on children`s teeth; their alleged reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to sterilize humans and force the people in their concentration camps into calm submission.

OK I'll have to ask for an reliable source on this. People have checked the material used to support this claim and found they just don't contain the material they are said to. Someone has flagged this up for Alex Jones but no further clarifications have emerged:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=78380.0

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 November, 2011, 12:06:04 AM
Bit of a shot in the dark here, but over at The Intel Hub they're asking for writers to help with "this ongoing information war (intel battle) of propoganda pushed onto the masses by the corporate controlled media". Well, obviously, this being a comics forum and me being a complete wannabe comic writer and all, I was thinking comic strip.

Long story short, any conspiratorially minded artists out there fancy butting heads to see what we can come up with? Ain't comics supposed to be subversive?

Go for it, just make sure the information is properly sourced as it'd be easy to dismiss otherwise. ;) Although looking at their front page they are into Chemtrails, eco-facist One World Governments, FEMA death camps and the Illuminati.

So, if it was something like this:

www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/nov/02/comic-book-corruption
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brought_to_Light

Then that'd be a good idea (I definitely think there is a place for an ongoing political comic) - comics are a good way to get complex information across, the UN publish comics and Will Eisner worked with the US Army on using them for training purposes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS,_The_Preventive_Maintenance_Monthly
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

TordelBack

Yeah, I literally refuse to engage with this one.  I don't think I could get up in the morning if I did - my first thought was 'well that's that then'. And that's without even thinking about the comments at that link.

JOE SOAP

I expect a screaming Bob Peck to appear any minute. Maybe this needs another thread: 'Truth you can't slag Sharky about because it makes you cry'.