Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Satanist on 17 February, 2015, 06:29:12 PM
I cant link to youtube from work but the video of an elderly Buzz Aldrin punching a moon landing conspiracy nutter is awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptn5RE2I-k

Never gets old.

Hawkmumbler

I cant link to youtube from work but the video of an elderly Buzz Aldrin punching a moon landing conspiracy nutter is awesome!
Easily one of the best things to come out of the tin foil hat community. So utterly delicious to see the smug shit get his justs.

Spikes

Violence is never the answer, but throwing that punch must have felt pretty fuckin' good, eh?

Dunk!

Hey whatever happened to the ufologists?

Oh that's right, we all got easy access to still and video cameras and rather then a flood of new footage it all dried up.

Russian cameras caught the meteorite yet no multiply views of an unidentified flying object coming forward.

Though it's probably a cover up we're all in on.

Just asking questions btw.

Foil!
"Trust we"

JamesC

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dunk! on 17 February, 2015, 06:46:50 PM

Oh that's right, we all got easy access to still and video cameras and rather then a flood of new footage it all dried up.

I'm going to use that argument next time my friend starts going on about aliens.  Not that it'll make much difference - as he says himself, there's no real proof but he wants to believe.  What can you do?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 February, 2015, 07:54:27 PM

I'm going to use that argument next time my friend starts going on about aliens.  Not that it'll make much difference - as he says himself, there's no real proof but he wants to believe.  What can you do?

Much like when radar coverage got better aircraft disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle (remember that one!?) all but stopped.

Dunk!

Wait, are we finding some truth here? I, I can't handle it!

Dunk!
"Trust we"

TordelBack

I think I've now watched that clip more times than the actual moon landing footage.  I've even shown it to my kids more than once with the "now you must never never do anything like this (at least until you're as great a person as Buzz Aldrin), but look, this is the greatest thing on the internet!".

Buzz threw that punch so that we don't have to. 

M.I.K.

No it didn't. There's more footage of weird lights in the sky than there ever was, it's just that we usually have a better chance of finding out what they actually are nowadays 'cos of the internet and suchlike, whether it be a meteor or a Chinese Lantern.

First thing I've done on the occasions I've seen meteors/auroras/weird atmospheric phenomena like parhelions and stuff, is have a look on Twitter to see if anyone else has mentioned it. They usually have and there's usually photos or video footage and explanations of what it actually was.

You still get the odd weird thingymajig or groups of thingymajigs, (sometimes even filmed by more than one person), that nobody can offer a definitive answer for, so there are plenty of Unidentified Flying Objects still up there.

Probably not aliens, though.

Goaty

Why many footages of UFO or monsters always blur??

M.I.K.

To be fair, any spontaneous pictures I've tried to take of odd but completely natural phenomena and moving wildlife usually blur too, and could just as easily be spaceships or Bigfoot.

(Hot air balloons also look very flying saucery when they're quite far off and you try to zoom in on them with a cheap camera phone).

Goaty

and Orb, is it just some dust? Most Haunted shows always freak about proof of ghosts which was orbs...

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Most Haunted basically disproved the existense of ghosts by running for about a decade without producing a single compelling frame of evidense.
You may quote me on that.

Dandontdare

I remember Arthur C Clarke saying once that if you'd seen as many UFOs as he had, you wouldn't believe they were alien spaceships, and if you've never seen one, you aren't looking up enough.