Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

mocco, absolutely right ffs indeed. still,life on the net eh?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 September, 2016, 03:55:24 PM
(BTW Gordon is ruder that that in real life,)
He really is! But we all still love him for it, we're a bunch of masochistic tools here...

Steven Denton

Quote from: Grugz on 13 September, 2016, 02:54:32 PM
not  for me but on behalf of my fellow medicites,as we have to take it through no fault of our own, its not like we're all raging alcoholics for example is it? as that is an illness through choice.

Is it hard to take the moral high ground and say something as ignorant and insensitive at that at the same time? Life threatening addiction is not a choice its an illness. Mental illness is not a choice so weather your daily pills are for schizophrenia or high blood pressure or epilepsy it doesn't matter. 'tin foil hat' or not, overtly visible symptoms or not, illness is illness.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 13 September, 2016, 03:57:23 PM
He really is! But we all still love him for it, we're a bunch of masochistic tools here...

I always worry about the small rodents he crushes in his coat pockets whenever he appears in public...
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 September, 2016, 04:02:15 PM

I always worry about the small rodents he crushes in his coat pockets whenever he appears in public...
It's stress relief for every time somebody asks him what comics he's currently reading.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Grugz on 13 September, 2016, 02:41:36 PM
tips, some of us do require daily medication but don't  require tin foil hats thanks.

I've re-read the Tipsy fella's post a few times and I'm still not inferring any such assertion.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Apoceclipse on 13 September, 2016, 01:29:27 PM
I am starting to get it. The thing is - some of YOU, ARENT.

We do, though. Sadly.

Even without those other members chipping in saying so, we're an ageing audience with similar interests. I know it's a safe bet I'm not the only one here who's already quite aware of the various government-sponsored programmes. We've watched THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (both versions) or read the novel. We've kept up with THE X-FILES. And now there's STRANGER THINGS. But to say we don't know the background that inspired the aforementioned works of fiction is, frankly, insulting.

I doubt also I'm the only one here who's aware of the various survivor networks and investigators who genuinely believe as do you. The difference is we've reached different conclusions, based on much the same information.

Your contention we aren't aware simply because we don't agree with you is as equally rude as anything you've taken personally.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 13 September, 2016, 07:28:39 PM

Even without those other members chipping in saying so, we're an ageing audience with similar interests. I know it's a safe bet I'm not the only one here who's already quite aware of the various government-sponsored programmes. We've watched THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (both versions) or read the novel. We've kept up with THE X-FILES. And now there's STRANGER THINGS. But to say we don't know the background that inspired the aforementioned works of fiction is, frankly, insulting.

I doubt also I'm the only one here who's aware of the various survivor networks and investigators who genuinely believe as do you. The difference is we've reached different conclusions, based on much the same information.

True; along with real-life claims it's been a part of pop-culture for quite some time now hence the slew of fiction referencing code-names like MKULTRA/MONARCH/ARTICHOKE/FINDERS directly.

I clearly recall watching a Channel 4 broadcast of one - at the very least - documentary in the 1990s concerning a specific US doctor and his test-subjects and one of the first public cases was model Candy Jones who was alleging MKULTRA/sex-abuse as far back as the 1960s - Donald Bain published the book The Control of Candy Jones in 1976. Walter Bowart's well known book Operation Mind Control was published 2 years later on both sides of the Atlantic by commercial publishers. I read both books in my late teens in the gombeenocracy of 1980's Ireland.

As to the veracity of the actual events and claims in these things they're beyond the purview and proving powers of most Joe Soaps - especially a forum of shut-ins who worry about how Tharg will solve Dredd's aging problem before I'm too old to care? - so I'm not sure why anyone would choose this place as the spear-head of their crusade.

The best result of these blind forum conversations is as follows -

Forumite A: "This shit happened to me..."

Forumite B: "I don't know but if you say so."

And end there.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Grugz on 13 September, 2016, 02:41:36 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 13 September, 2016, 01:13:01 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 13 September, 2016, 12:27:01 PM
And similarly, our last forumite who regularly replied to their own posts with essay after essay (of the first links they could come across that vaguely supported their position) also required daily medication.
I totally meant our former Mayor by the way.

tips, some of us do require daily medication but don't  require tin foil hats thanks.

Didn't intend to imply the two were inextricably  linked. Definitely not what I was getting at.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Grugz

no worries it got a bit more inflated than I intended.

Hawkmumbler

People getting on? Cats and Dogs living together?! MASS HYSTERIA!!!!

sheridan

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 September, 2016, 04:02:15 PM

Is that what he's doing in his pockets?

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 13 September, 2016, 04:06:53 PM
It's stress relief for every time somebody asks him what comics he's currently reading.
I'll have to see what he does when I ask where he gets his ideas from :-)

Apoceclipse

Quote from: Apoceclipse on 13 September, 2016, 01:29:27 PM
I don't have the energy to show people who aren't trying to see.

Er, so save your energy and your wonderful knowledge for people who are seekers and leave a forum set up for people who like a comic you've never heard of and written by people you choose to threaten online, (BTW Gordon is ruder that that in real life,)

Bon voyage!

I take multiple avenues... I am still hoping for someone to answer me about the MONARCH comic, which is why I came here.

Gordon being rude in real life would not last long around me