Main Menu

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by Goaty, 21 April, 2011, 10:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 December, 2011, 06:11:55 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 11 December, 2011, 03:57:45 PM
It's a nice poster, but the line 'The Legend Ends' coupled with the image seems totally at odds with the film's title.

Is that not the point/counterpoint?, as in the Dark Knight is dead, long live the Dark Knight!

The legendmay be dead but he lives on.

Listen to a crappy audio recording of the prologue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7vOEwnD6dfQ

Well maybe, but to continue your analogy, it would usually mean 'The (old) king is dead, long live the (new) king'.
Are we to believe that there's a new 'Dark Knight' and that Batman is dead?
And anyway, isn't it usually the person that dies and the legend that lives on, not the other way around?
What does it mean, 'The Legend Ends'? Surely, one of the defining characteristics of a legend is that it endures?

This is what I mean when I say it's confused (I really mean I'm confused)!

JOE SOAP

We won't know the answers until we see the film but I don't find the poster confusing. The message is clearly teasing a death/rebirth scenario concerning the legend and the man in the eyes of the people. Wouldn't be a good poster if it gave answers instead of posing questions.

the shutdown man

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=51290

A dodgy bootleg of the new trailer (not the prologue). It'll probably be online over the weekend, but if you can't wait, like I couldn't....it's pretty awesome looking.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Tiplodocus

If that's the same trailer his Lordship posted then it was pretty cool. 

But I'll admit, I did spend quite a bit of time wondering if they were actually planning on having Batman in this Batman film.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

radiator

Anyone got any idea when we'll be able to see the trailer in a form that is actually watchable?

Thought it was supposed to be released over the weekend..?

Steve Green

I thought it was supposed to run in front of Mission Impossible, so they'll probably hold back until that's been running for a couple of weeks.

COMMANDO FORCES

It might be held back for that small sporting event held during January in the colonies  ;)

Steve Green

JOE SOAP

The downloads work for me but I stil think the trailers so far have been quite shite and I'm getting the feeling I got from the last film, that it'll be a bloated mess with some great scenes. Is Cat-Woman completely superfluous just like Two-Face was?

Steve Green

Yeah, watched it now. Not blown away with it, I didn't like Begins that much, I really liked TDK (although overlong) but this hasn't grabbed me.

Goaty

YouTube version, and I like that!

Football field scene so amazing! And nice to see appears of BatWing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XM6Vs09Vyk0

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 19 December, 2011, 08:41:34 PMFootball field scene so amazing!

I think the football scene is the worst thing in it. Its biggest problem is the very apparent lack of physical 'reality' between the running player -who apparently doesn't hear or feel and is completely oblivious- and the slaughter that's going on inches behind him. It looks comical and cheap.

COMMANDO FORCES

The explosions on the field don't even look realistic and why would Bane stand that close to the coming carnage, shrapnel kills from any angle!

von Boom

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 December, 2011, 08:51:01 PM
I think the football scene is the worst thing in it. Its biggest problem is the very apparent lack of physical 'reality' between the running player -who apparently doesn't hear or feel and is completely oblivious- and the slaughter that's going on inches behind him. It looks comical and cheap.

You are sooo right.

JvB

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 December, 2011, 08:55:46 PM
The explosions on the field don't even look realistic and why would Bane stand that close to the coming carnage, shrapnel kills from any angle!

He's harder than you.