Main Menu

Doctor Who: A Good Man Goes to War

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 04 June, 2011, 07:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: House of Usher on 05 June, 2011, 11:42:19 PM
It was better on second viewing.

Your right there, I for one tend to miss a lot, guess thats my age creeping up on me.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Matt Timson

So... were these *proper* Cybermen?  They didn't have the big C on their chests and were hanging about in space- but I can't remember what happened to the alternate reality Cybermen.
Pffft...

flip-r mk2

Quote from: Matt Timson on 06 June, 2011, 02:13:28 PM
So... were these *proper* Cybermen?  They didn't have the big C on their chests and were hanging about in space- but I can't remember what happened to the alternate reality Cybermen.
According to the DrWho mag these and the ones that turned up in The Pandorica eps are the proper Cybermen not the big jessie Cybus models.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Dudley

Quote from: Leigh S on 05 June, 2011, 01:39:11 PM
I hear the bravado thing and teh Doctor as famous super hero is something Moffat intends to move from, but im not getting that very strongly from this - i know its mentioned that teh Doctor is getting too far from his roots here..but RTD did similar and never went anywhere with it, just making teh Doctor mor famous and more unstoppable with each "epic"

I reckon the end of the series will be super-assassin Time Lord ninja child-River killing the older Doctor (which is why she gets locked away).  The Powers that arranged Demonsrun will accept this, and the Universe as a whole will stop worshipping the Doctor (we won't get future Buckets spending their entire lives dreaming about the next time they get to meet this ultra-celebrity).  The Doctor, of course, will work out a way to survive the assassination (hopefully not using the Ganger Doctor as it's too obvious).  But for future series there will be much more emphasis on his needing to be incognito.  We won't have any more chasing aliens away from planets just by saying who he is.

M.I.K.

"The Doctor is believed to be dead,
and he must let the universe think that he is dead,
until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him."

Dun-dun-dun-duuun....DUN!

O Lucky Stevie!

Just broadcast here in Auxtralia.

This season The Moff's really taken a shine to that same JG Ballard stylee condensed novel narrative of which Mr Morrison is also beholden, hasn't he?

The Silurian She-Sherlock rocked! That sepulchral sound you can hear is the corpse of Mary Whitehouse banging out a letter of complaint to the BBC on her infernal typewriter regarding the smuggling of that visual cunnilingus gag onto prime-time telly.

Did the Tardis allow the Doctor to recruit people whom he has yet to meet?

Fingers crossed that we'll be seeing a Victorian adventure with Madam Vastra later this year.

Speaking of which...

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 June, 2011, 01:08:39 PM
Yep well I did say stretching things to breaking point!

& there's Stevie who's been wondering since The Doctor's Wife about [spoiler]the lifecycle of the Tardis.[/spoiler] Wondering [spoiler]now what does the larval stage look like? [/spoiler][spoiler] Surely a sentient spacetime macro-antibody who experiences time holographically, from a center embedded perspective so to speak [/spoiler] [spoiler](did you see what Stevie did there?) [/spoiler][spoiler] can't be simply programmed?[/spoiler]

Well hmmm... [spoiler]who do we know is both [/spoiler][spoiler] attracted to the Doctor [/spoiler][spoiler]    &    [/spoiler][spoiler] converted into digital form upon death?[/spoiler]
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

strontium71

Quote from: Dudley on 07 June, 2011, 08:38:05 AM
Quote from: Leigh S on 05 June, 2011, 01:39:11 PM
I hear the bravado thing and teh Doctor as famous super hero is something Moffat intends to move from, but im not getting that very strongly from this - i know its mentioned that teh Doctor is getting too far from his roots here..but RTD did similar and never went anywhere with it, just making teh Doctor mor famous and more unstoppable with each "epic"

I reckon the end of the series will be super-assassin Time Lord ninja child-River killing the older Doctor (which is why she gets locked away).  The Powers that arranged Demonsrun will accept this, and the Universe as a whole will stop worshipping the Doctor (we won't get future Buckets spending their entire lives dreaming about the next time they get to meet this ultra-celebrity).  The Doctor, of course, will work out a way to survive the assassination (hopefully not using the Ganger Doctor as it's too obvious).  But for future series there will be much more emphasis on his needing to be incognito.  We won't have any more chasing aliens away from planets just by saying who he is.

I still reckon River will end up killing , for reasons I don't know , Rory.
...because I hate you.

Emp

O Lucky Stevie!

It's just occurred to Stevie that, what with her saurian physog & targeting tongue, our Sapphic Silaurian Sleuth in all probability gave rise to the reports of Spring Heeled JackThe Fiend With An Eye For The Ladies.

Quote from: King Trout on 04 June, 2011, 09:10:16 PM
As for a spin-off show, I had already sent a Tweet to Moffat demanding one entitled The Lesbian Silurian Detectives of Old London Town.

Fingers crossed!

Pretty please Mr Moffat with a Yeti on top...
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Emperor

How about this inspired piece?:

www.flickr.com/photos/24171887@N00/5918323885
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

mogzilla

Dudley

I reckon the end of the series will be super-assassin Time Lord ninja child-River killing the older Doctor (which is why she gets locked away).  The Powers that arranged Demonsrun will accept this, and the Universe as a whole will stop worshipping the Doctor (we won't get future Buckets spending their entire lives dreaming about the next time they get to meet this ultra-celebrity).  The Doctor, of course, will work out a way to survive the assassination (hopefully not using the Ganger Doctor as it's too obvious).  But for future series there will be much more emphasis on his needing to be incognito.  We won't have any more chasing aliens away from planets just by saying who he is.

Called it.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dudley on 04 October, 2011, 12:32:25 PM

Called it.

Nice one, sir!

Devons Daddy

watching this on Itunes, catching up with you now, and avoiding spoilers like a chat with Judge Death.
but overall. BLOODY HELL!!!!! Steven Moffat you are the man.

(yeh i am down with River being in jail for her role in killing the DR.) but all that said. its a rollercoaster of brillant writing currenty

and Matt Smith, them was big shoes you had to fill,but your doing it well. for me DR Who, worth your license fees, (thankyou for paying it board)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!