Main Menu

Doctor Who: A Good Man Goes to War

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 04 June, 2011, 07:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

Brilliant episode but what does it mean for [spoiler]Rory/Amy/River Song[/spoiler]???
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

The Monarch

I want a madame vastra/ Jenny spin off now!

Goaty

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 04 June, 2011, 07:31:45 PM
Brilliant episode but what does it mean for [spoiler]Rory/Amy/River Song[/spoiler]???

That so dumb question.

Great episode, like the Last Centurion! Danny Boy! Headless Monks!
Anyone see trailer at end?

golledge100

I felt a bit stupid after writing this post in 2010 and not getting a response. Ok, I thought. Maybe I'm stretching it a bit:

I did notice that when the Dr was talking to Amy about keeping her eyes closed while he went off his jacket was on, must be some time distortion as it should have been with one of the Angels. Come on continuity.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is intentional. One minute the Doctor says "later" and leaves and the next he seems to come back and speak to Amy in a totally different mood with his jacket on! 

Moffat seems to like playing with the time element so maybe this is the doctor later on in life.
With that in mind I also have a theory about River Song. [spoiler]The episode after Vampires Of Venice is called Amys choice in which she has a daughter. Could Riversong be Amys daughter perhaps?[/spoiler]

But now all I have to say is....ahem...I thankyou!

Goaty

Quote from: golledge100 on 04 June, 2011, 08:16:27 PM
I felt a bit stupid after writing this post in 2010 and not getting a response. Ok, I thought. Maybe I'm stretching it a bit:

I did notice that when the Dr was talking to Amy about keeping her eyes closed while he went off his jacket was on, must be some time distortion as it should have been with one of the Angels. Come on continuity.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is intentional. One minute the Doctor says "later" and leaves and the next he seems to come back and speak to Amy in a totally different mood with his jacket on! 

Moffat seems to like playing with the time element so maybe this is the doctor later on in life.
With that in mind I also have a theory about River Song. [spoiler]The episode after Vampires Of Venice is called Amys choice in which she has a daughter. Could Riversong be Amys daughter perhaps?[/spoiler]

But now all I have to say is....ahem...I thankyou!

Yes Doctor return in "The Big Bang" when he got in 2nd Big Bang...

bluemeanie

Loved it. Though its brought out the worst in online nerds.

Yeah, I guessed who River was during the end of the opening two parter. Well I say that, I had a strong theory which played out.
The number of fucking tossers smugly saying "Its crap, it was SO obvious" doing my head in. You might as well bitch about the fact the monster at the end of Scooby Doo was the caretaker. NO SHIT... ITS A FUCKING KIDS SHOW!! If a 40 year old cant second guess a lot of it he must be even more retarded than he appears complaing about it on the internet!*

sorry, just makes me angry.

Anyway, again... loved it. Rory's opening "I have a message and a question" was possibly my fave scene of the series and his "I was gonna be cool" bit almost had me choking up... luckily Im too damn hard, or just dead inside.

Brilliantly written, all the cast was on serious form, and the lizard chick got a visual cunnilingus joke in with her "often wearing a maid outfit" girlfriend. As Mr Clements earlier tweeted -
"And *that's* why it's the greatest TV show ever #DoctorWho "

inclined to agree. Or at least say its my only must watch show on tv at the moment

*that isnt a dig at the previous poster who also guessed it. Hope its not reading like that.

Trout

Just great. Wall-to-wall fun. It may not be perfect, but there is no TV show as entertaining as Doctor Who.

As for a spin-off show, I had already sent a Tweet to Moffat demanding one entitled The Lesbian Silurian Detectives of Old London Town.

Fingers crossed!

- Trout

Colin YNWA

Yeah thought that was immense fun.

My wife felt it lacked focus which I can kinda see. It felt like we were getting one episode in a four parter but I personally really enjoyed the way it crammed the storytelling in so compactly.

chris_askham

It was the first time in the history of Who (new or old) that my missus has sat and watched the whole episode. That must say something, although I'm not quite sure what...

Batman's Superior Cousin

Does that mean that Madam Korvirian will be in it next time???
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Goaty

So glad Amy says of wonderful man who ages in hundred and hundreds of years, and not aged, and that he is baby's father, got name but people knew him as the Last Centurian as appears to Cybermen with Doctor and the message! OOh what a best scene with all Cyber-fleet wiped out in background with zooming in Rory's face as he says would you like me to repeat the question? Was it done by Space Spitfires?

Clerics Army! Happy to see return of them! As at first I wasnt sure whose Humans was it... but was it before or after the Weeping Angels episodes?

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Was a good show, pace was pretty quick and full on at the beginning but slowed enough to allow me to catch up (thank grud).

Wonder who the biatch in black is, a blast from his gallifraen (spelling) past ?

I cant wait for the next episode "LET'S KILL HITLER" - Quentin Tarantino should have directed that one sounds right up his street. ;)

Never rub another mans rhubarb

Trout

Quote from: Goaty on 04 June, 2011, 09:33:48 PM
So glad Amy says of wonderful man who ages in hundred and hundreds of years, and not aged, and that he is baby's father, got name but people knew him as the Last Centurian

An amazing piece of writing. She's describing every baby's dad.

- Trout

Robin Low

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 04 June, 2011, 09:34:07 PMI cant wait for the next episode "LET'S KILL HITLER" - Quentin Tarantino should have directed that one sounds right up his street. ;)

That was priceless. I'm already going, "Fucking hell!" and then I'm hit by that non sequitur. I can't wait.

Regards

Robin

Goaty

Sorry cant help it, love that scene moment!