Main Menu

Dredd (2011): What the latest?

Started by Goaty, 23 June, 2011, 10:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Teivion

Just spotted a link saying Prime Focus will be at Siggraph this year.
With Dredd being pretty much their biggest ever VFX movie production for the last year, there maybe a few peaks of Dredd shown on the stand....?

http://www.siggraph.org/s2011/

esoteric ed

Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread, but is it possible that the movie being put back till September 2012 could be because it's being given more time for post production, perhaps more money put into the pot?
Could be a good sign even if we do have to wait longer.  :)

Ed

JOE SOAP

Quote from: esoteric ed on 28 July, 2011, 10:34:27 PM
Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread, but is it possible that the movie being put back till September 2012 could be because it's being given more time for post production, perhaps more money put into the pot?

These things are always possible but there's no indicators to suspect that. It was always gonna be 2012, either Spring or Autumn.

blackmocco

I was wondering if maybe it's to do with doing some reshoots over the summer. When the thing's put together you always see ways to clarify things or enhance them by adding a few scenes here and there.

No real reason to think that though. Just idle speculation on my part...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

esoteric ed

QuoteThese things are always possible but there's no indicators to suspect that. It was always gonna be 2012, either Spring or Autumn.

Cheers Chiefy, shame as I was hoping for a nice birthday present this December but I can wait, what's another year eh ;)

QuoteI was wondering if maybe it's to do with doing some reshoots over the summer. When the thing's put together you always see ways to clarify things or enhance them by adding a few scenes here and there.

No real reason to think that though. Just idle speculation on my part...

Fair call and possible, I was thinking more about additional time on post digital effects etc, but [spoiler]if from what I understand the bulk of the movie is set in one block then the scale of Mega City 1 won't dominate the movie[/spoiler]

Either way my bum will be firmly on seat next year  :)

Ed

JOE SOAP

Quote from: esoteric ed on 28 July, 2011, 11:34:35 PM
QuoteThese things are always possible but there's no indicators to suspect that. It was always gonna be 2012, either Spring or Autumn.

Cheers Chiefy, shame as I was hoping for a nice birthday present this December but I can wait, what's another year eh ;)

If 'twas intended to be out this December -which I don't believe it ever was- 'twould have been cause for worry.

esoteric ed

QuoteIf 'twas intended to be out this December -which I don't believe it ever was- 'twould have been cause for worry.

A similar kind of shooting/post production/release schedule for example a Bond movie (QoS was Jan shoot/Nov release if I'm not mistaken), but yes a possible cause for worry, all good things come to those who wait.  :D

Ed

HatefulCactus

For anyone who hasn't seen Judge Anderson's photo.

Feel My Hate!

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: HatefulCactus on 17 August, 2011, 08:51:37 PM

Man, I never get that tired of that photo, it's just simply an awesome still - Olivia Thirlby IS Anderson, lovely...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Psidude

Great pic of anderson wish we could see her badge will it say psi? :)

radiator

Quotewish we could see her badge will it say psi?

Going by the script, [spoiler]there is no such thing as Psi-Division - at least during the period in which the film is set. Anderson is referred to as a 'mutant' - she grew up in a nuclear wasteland which gave her her powers. So it's safe to assume her badge will read 'Anderson', 'Cadet' or she won't have a badge at all. Half a badge a la the comics would be a neat touch, though.[/spoiler]

Michaelvk

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 18 August, 2011, 04:13:10 AM
Quote from: HatefulCactus on 17 August, 2011, 08:51:37 PM

Man, I never get that tired of that photo, it's just simply an awesome still - Olivia Thirlby IS Anderson, lovely...

I've seen the other angle up close  :D
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

The Legendary Shark

I know this artist from Facebook (we almost did a strip together a couple of years ago) who I've just found out is working on the new Dredd movie. Here's what he had to say about it:

"I'm doing matte painting on it, so lots of buildings and environments. Cant give a sneak peak i'm afraid, but am happy to talk about it. Having looked at the sequences, the best way to view it is like a pilot episode, the story is quite simple but its pretty faithful to the comic I would say. You never see Dredds face and his voice seems suitable, captures the feel of the comics pretty well i think. Its a bit like District 9 and Children of Men as it feels futuristic and contemporary. With all the gore etc it reminds me quite a bit of Robocop too!
So hopefully it will do well and get some sequels! :)"

The artist in question has agreed to the concept of joining us in the Yap Shop on Wednesday to talk cryptically about this project. He can't say too much, of course, but then he's never been probed by our Roger, has he?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

at last...the true purpose of the YapShop is revealed.